Chapter 5

Doctors came rushing in. They worked as hard as they could but at this point he had a 5% chance of survival. By now the family was awake. They watched them check him, insert random needles into him, and press on his chest. Katie was sobbing and Billy couldn't help tearing up. Annie was half asleep so she was confused. Hayley climbed onto her parents lap and told them what happened just moments ago.
"I was sleeping and someone said my name. I looked up and it was Caleb. He said he loved me and that he didn't think he would make it. He is going to send down signs to us so we know he is watching over us." Hayley explained, and Katie calmed down slightly. Billy wiped tears from his eyes.
"Don't worry, it will be okay." Billy said.
"You said that yesterday and look where we are now." Hayley snapped
"Hayley, calm down. The doctors are trying their best." Katie said.
"I'm sorry, I just want him to be okay. I want to go back to his jokes at dinner time and baseball practices every night. I just want life to be normal again!" Hayley exclaimed as she walked out of the room.
"Annie, can you go stay with her outside? She needs time to calm down.
"huh?" Annie groaned. She obviously had no clue what was happening and just wanted to go back to sleep.
"Hayley just walked outside. She is stressed with this whole 'Caleb thing'. Can you go get her and help her calm down?"
"Fine."
------------------
Katie and Billy walked outside to see Annie and Hayley sleeping, and laying on each other, hanging over the chair arms.
"That looks comfortable..." Katie giggled.
With that, Hayley woke up and shook Annie. When she opened her eyes Hayley pointed at Mom and Dad.
"What?" Annie asked, still partly sleeping.
"Sit up. We have some news. Caleb has been stabilized. But they need to keep him here for at least one week after his last emergency. So every time he gets unstabilized, he will have to stay a week straight stabilized."
"Good. Now can we go home?" Annie groaned.
"Yes. We will come back later tonight."
------------------
A/N Should Caleb survive? I'm thinking of making him survive and show the life he would have after the incident. What is your opinion?