Chapter 8

I saw all my friends run up to the car! Wait a second. I know them. I can remember! I wheeled out of the car and they all gave me a fist bump. They helped me over to the field. My mom brought me to our championship game! My mom grabbed a giant tent and started to set it up with the help of other parents.
"When did you get that?"
"The doctor said that you can't have extended periods of time in the sun, so I got a tent so you could come and watch!"
---------
We are tied now and my best friend is up at bat. He swings and misses.
"Come on Luke!"
He swings and he hits it out of the field. We won the championship game. I got up and walked over to the fence and celebrated with my team. My mom was staring at me very closely with a suprised look on her face. Then I realised. I just stood up! I walked around, super proud of myself. I had a giant smile on my face. I was staring down at the feet I can now control and remembering my older baseball days with the memory I got back. This was such a good day!
When we got home,my dad looked mad.
"What's... Up?"
"You shouldn't have gotten up at that game. You should've stayed in that seat. You could've hurt yourself. Your legs could've given out and you hit your head and then guess where we would be."
"I'm sorry, okay. But I didn't fall. I got up and walked some. I was slow and didn't go far but I tried. You should be proud of me."
"You could have severely injured yourself."
"But I didn't."
Billy opened his mouth to respond but closed it and walked away huffing.
'Yes!' I thought
Annie came down and grabbed some food and stuck it in her bag. I started to roll over to her, but I tried to stand up. I walked over and asked her if I could come watch her practice today. "Uh... Sure? I guess. But you better get ready quick because we are leaving in like 5 minutes. I started down the stairs and Annie helped me. My closet was down there. She stopped me in my tracks and said, Here, go back up, I'll grab your stuff. It's easier. You done risk getting hurt. So I used my knees to get up and then walked over to the couch. She later came up with a t-shirt and some shorts. I went into the bathroom to change. We walked into the door. I sat in a chair in the watch room. Mom was around the corner because she couldn't watch Annie do beam or else she will get nervous. I sit the more waiting. My mom motions me over to her and we go outside. She told me to get in the car. We drove to a familiar place. I knew exactly where it was. Uh oh.