15. Second chances

We rushed back to the pack house and everyone was going crazy in the lounge room, Tinsley was actually waking up.

We ran to the hospital wing and Tinsley was thrashing around wildly.

She screamed and held her neck where her true mates mark was disappearing.

"What's happening?" I asked the doctor with tears streaming down my face.

"She's dying without her mate"

"How do we stop this?" I asked frantically.

"Only the mark of her second chance mate can stop it from happening"

I heard loud growling from outside the door.

Diego.

"Bring him inside!" I yelled.

The guards pushed Diego in and he looked at Tinsley with love in his eyes. Unlike how Alpha Reid looks at me.

"Diego is Tinsley's second chance mate. He can keep her alive"

"Do it" Tai yelled before storming out of the room, followed by Jace and dad. I know he wasn't happy about this but it would keep Tins alive and Diego isn't a bad guy.

Diego ran to Tinsley's side and stroked her face gently. Tinsley leant into his touch and moaned softly.

"This is going to hurt sweetheart. I'm so sorry" he said softly before moving her long hair away from her neck.

His teeth extended and he bit into her mark, claiming her as his. She was now the Beta Female of the Black Forrest Pack.

"Mate" she whispered before falling limp in Diego's arms.

"She's so beautiful" Diego said, never taking his eyes away from Tinsley.

I nodded my head even though he wasn't looking at me. He tucked Tinsley back into her bed carefully.

"You know us three have to go back to the pack sooner or later"

"You can go back with Tinsley but I'm not going"

"You know that if you don't he's going to come here and he's going to be even more angry than he already is"

"He has Tia. He doesn't need me"

"Tia's been talking to Reid. They've made an agreement that if Reid gets you back then your brother gets Tia"

"But I thought that Tia wanted to be with Alpha Reid?"

"No.. She wants power. Your brother is on the same level as Reid. Reid may be a better, stronger Alpha but your brother is also still an Alpha. She'll take what she can get"

"So she's only accepting the mate bond because he's an Alpha?"

Diego nodded and I became sad. My brother didn't deserve that. Diego's eyes clouded over, he was mind linking someone. Probably my mate.

"He's at the border. He has Tia with him and he's ready to make the trade"

"Please Diego. Don't make me go"

"I'm sorry Luna. You're destined to be our pack Luna"

He grabbed Tinsley and cradled her in his arms. You could tell he cared for her so much. He must have had a mate but she died, that's why they are second chance mates.