4. Testing the Alpha

(Tyler Posey as Tai Cortez)

I stared at the house in awe. This place was beautiful.

"Get inside. Hurry up" Alpha Reid yelled at me.

I glared at him and walked really slowly to the house just to annoy him. When I got to the front door where he was standing he grabbed my face roughly like in the car.

"Don't be a smartass with me"

"If you don't like it then you can just reject me"

"I would but I need a mate by my side so I can be stronger"

"So I'm here just for your power?"

"Yes" he answered bluntly.

I managed to get out of his grasp and stormed into the house.

"This kind of attitude will not be tolerated by me. You will treat me with respect Violet"

"How do you know my name?" I asked him.

"Your sister said it right in front of me"

I blushed in embarrassment and he just kept his straight face.

"Our bedroom is upstairs and the first door to the left"

"Our?" I said, choking on the air.

"Yes our bedroom. Now that we have you my wolf has been going crazy. He needs to sleep with you by our side"

"You really are crazy if you think that I will sleeping in the same bed as you, heck even in the same room as you. I would like my own room thank you" I said.

"You will be sleeping in my bed and that's final"

"No" I said angrily.

"No? You think you can say no to me" he said walking towards me.

I stood my ground and he smirked.

"You're such a stupid little pup. Oh how easily I could just break you" he said dangerously close to me.

"Get away from me" I said harshly.

He shoved me onto the ground, ran out the back door and sprinted into the trees surrounding the house.

I lay on the floor, still wearing the clothes I was wearing to the party. I curled up into a ball and just cried. Cried for the fact that I have a horrible mate, cried for the fact that he will never love me.

Reid's POV

I ran through the trees, I was so angry that I had found my mate. I didn't want a mate, she was only going to be a pain in my ass.

My wolf Ryka howled in my mind.

'Go back to mate. She's upset'

'No shut up! Mates are terrible things. They'll only hurt you'

'She won't hurt you. She isn't like-'

'Shut up okay. I don't want to hear about it'

I continued on my run and felt the sweat dripping down my body. I always pushed my body to the limit in my workouts.