8. Declaring War

I stared at Alpha Reid, waiting for him to make his move. He did nothing. Just stood there with his claws out.

"What are you waiting for? Hit me"

"Who were you talking to?"

I smirked and crossed my arms over my chest.

"My pack will be here in a few hours. They're going to take me back home"

"You will not leave me. Not until I have my heir"

"Why don't you sleep with some other she-wolf and she can produce a heir for you"

"Because it won't be a true alpha. I can only have a true alpha with you. You are my true mate so the only way I can have an heir is with you"

"I'm not going to give you what you want. You don't even want me so how would we ever have children. You can't stand me"

"I don't have to like you to have sex with you"

"Why am I not going to the ball?" I asked, changing the topic.

"What? How did you find out about the ball? DIEGO" he roared.

"Yes Alpha" Diego said suddenly standing behind the Alpha.

"You told her about the ball?" He said clenching his fist.

"I'm sorry Alpha"

He roared and grabbed Diego by the front of the shirt.

"You let one more thing slip with my mate and you will be dead"

"Let him go!" I screamed.

Alpha Reid dropped Diego and looked at me with a devilish smile.

He walked towards me and grabbed my face roughly.

"During the time of the ball you will stay here and clean my house. You shall prepare dinner for me and my date for when we return home"

"Date? You're taking another she-wolf to the ball with you? I'm your f*cking mate!" I screamed at him.

"I don't want you there. I shall take Tia. She is the strongest female in my pack. Actually worthy enough of being my mate unlike you"

"Reid" Diego said softly from behind us.

"Enough Diego. Leave"

Diego submitted to his Alpha and left the house quickly.

"I'm stronger than she is and you know it"

"You're weak" he said squeezing my face.

~~~~

A few hours had passed and I was sitting in a random guest bedroom. I was awaiting on the arrival of my pack. Alpha Reid was preparing all his warriors for the war that was bound to start between my pack and his pack.

I sighed and walked to Alpha Reid's office. He sat at his desk and was just staring into space.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I just wanted to say thank you"

"For what?"

"For teaching me that even the people who are meant to love and cherish you, hurt you the most"