Ch. 10 // Broken By My Master

POV: Layne's

"Where are we going, Master?" I asked as I finished slipping my last piece of clothing on. Jerry took my hand and spun me around.

"We're going to the movies. Our first date."

"Movies? I haven't been to the movies in so long. The last time I went was with my parents when I was like seven."

"I hope you like scary movies." He said with a sneaky little grin on his face.

"Do we have to watch a scary movie?" I whined. He chuckled and pecked my lips.

"You'll be okay, baby. And remember, don't call me master in public. Just call me Jerry."

   "Okay, Jerry."

   He playfully rolled his eyes before taking my hand and leading me outside. I took in a breath of fresh air. It felt so great to finally get outside for a while.

I just loved the feeling of summer nights.
_______
_______

"Jerry, I don't know about this. I've never seen a scary movie before." I told him as soon as we took our seats.

He chuckled. "It's not that bad, baby. I promise. Just sit back and relax." Then he held a piece of popcorn up to my mouth which I ate.

   I sat back in my seat and took in a deep breath. The lights turned out and the movie started. I took Jerry's hand and locked our fingers together.

   Jerry fed me some of the popcorn and I took a few drinks of the soda he got us to share. Well, I ended up drinking the whole thing. But what you expect? I've been drinking water for two years and nothing else.

  Eventually he ended up picking the cup up. He shook it and looked at me.

   "Damn. You must be thirsty." He said. I laughed, nearly spitting out the popcorn I had in my mouth. He laughed along with me until a voice told us to hush.

   I didn't think the movie was really that scary. But I suppose I spoke too soon because this thing just popped out of nowhere. I jumped in my seat and grabbed Jerry's arm.

   "Jerry! I'm scared!" I whisper yelled. I hid my face the whole time I heard people screaming and creepy music playing.

    Every now and then I would take a peek at the screen. But as soon as I did it would always show something scary. And once, it showed dolls covered in blood, going after people.

   Finally after about two hours the movie ended. Jerry pulled my hair away from my face and pecked my lips.

   "It's over now, baby."

   "What if those dolls are real?" I asked.

   "That's impossible. Come on, let's go home. I want to show you something."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise."
_____
_____

Me and Jerry sat on the couch. A guitar sat over his lap while he had a few sheets of paper in front of him with lyrics on it.

"I want you to sing one of these songs while I play the guitar." He said. I looked through the sheets of paper.

"Me sing? No way." I said, chuckling a little.

"Come on. I just want to see how your voice sounds."

"Alright. I'll sing if you do too."

He nodded. "Alright. Sing... Hmm... This one."

   He gave me a sheet of paper. At the top of it was written the name of the song. Bleed The Freak.

"Just sing the first and last verse." He said.

He began to play the guitar. He nodded at me when it was time to start singing.

"My cup runneth over... like blood from a stone... these stand for me... name your god and bleed the freak... I like to see... how you all would bleed for me."

I guess you could say he went into guitar solo mode. I watched as his fingers moved along the guitar. He was so talented.

"Start again." He whispered. I looked back down at the paper.

   "These stand for me... name your god and bleed the freak... I like to see... how you all would bleed for me." I finished. He stopped playing his guitar and looked at me.

   "Layne... your voice is just... woah. How long have you been singing?"

   "Never." I said, chuckling.

   "Well you're fucking great. I'm surprised you aren't famous."

   "Well what do you know. Maybe one day we could be in a band together. Now, where's that song you promised me?"

    "Right."

   He cleaned his throat before he started out by playing his guitar once again.

   "Know me broken by my master... Teach thee on child love here after... into the flood again... same old trip it was back then... so I made a big mistake... try to see it once my way." He sang. He continued playing his guitar for a little while before continuing on.

   "Am I wrong? Have I run too far to get home? Have I gone and left you here alone? ... if I would, could you?" He finished.

   "Jerry, that was lovely," I told him before I gave him a kiss. "That song was beautiful."

   He smiled. "Thanks. I'm nowhere as good as you though. But I was thinking maybe you could help me with the song. Like help finish the lyrics and help sing it?"

    "You would want me to do that? Are you sure?"

   "Of course. Do you not know how great your voice is?"

    "Well... Okay. But first, can I have more soda?"

   He smiled. "Anything for you, princess."