Ch. 5 // Broken By My Master

POV: Layne's

   I tossed and turned in my sleep. Nightmares continued to play in my head. It was so scary. Everything seemed so unreal, but it felt real.

   Someone was shaking me out of my sleep. I quickly sat up. My breath was heavy and I was sweating. Master wrapped his arms around me, taking me into a hug.

   "Layne, it's okay. It was just a dream."

"I'm sorry." I said my breath still heavy. "Was I screaming again? I didn't mean to wake you, Master."

    "It's alright. Just calm down. I'm here."

   His arms stayed wrapped around me for at least the next ten minutes. My face was buried in his shoulder, where I cried and sobbed until I had managed to calm myself down. After he heard that I had stopped crying, he pulled away from the hug and ran his fingers through my messy hair.

   "You alright?"

   I nodded. "I think so. Thank you for comforting me, Master."

   "Can I get you anything?"

    "No, but... could you maybe lay with me? Just tonight."

   He took a moment before answering. I figured he would've said no. But he said yes and crawled into bed beside me.

   We weren't pressed next to each other though. And my back was facing him. It felt like he wasn't even there, but I knew he was and I enjoyed his company.

    The room then filled with silence. My eyes began to shut. And just when I was close to falling asleep, Master wrapped his arm around me. I couldn't control the smile that spread across my face.

   Not a word was said. We both laid in silence. After a while I could hear Jerry snoring a bit. His snores were loud. They were kinda soft and quiet.

   I started to wonder why he was being kind to me for the past few days. He had been acting different since everything happened with Sean.

   I no longer had to ask for permission to speak. And he was beginning to show me more affection. Like tonight, he would never lay with me, especially put his arm around me. But he did.

And he hasn't put the chains on my wrist either. Usually when they were about as healed as now, I would be chained once again.

Maybe he felt sorry for me. But I didn't want him to. But I don't really see why he would considering I would no longer have to be with Sean.

Another thing I thought was odd was when he gave me that handjob. He stared into my eyes the whole time. It was odd and it definitely had me feeling odd as well.

Then, I started to wonder if maybe I had feelings for my Master.

No no no. No way. I couldn't. He uses me for sex, nothing else. Even if I did, it would be a hopeless crush.

I sighed and decided to stop thinking so much. I slowly turned around until I was facing Jerry. Next, I pulled myself into his warm chest and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight, Master." I whispered even though he was already sleeping.