"No problem." He responds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV:
"Also," I state, "thank you for talking to Wendy; I think she really likes you."

"No problem!" she says, repeating my words.

Once she releases from the hug, Lucy heads up the steps and towards her front door.

Turning around to walk home, I say, "Bye Luce, I'll see you tomorrow."

She looks back at me with a warm smile and slightly pink cheeks, and replies, "Bye Natsu. Oh and just so you know, you look cute when you're asleep."

Thinking back to when I said that about her as well, my cheeks instantly heat up.

"T-thanks." I stutter and begin to walk home.

When I feel like I'm close enough away, my eyes glance back at her.

Lucy's hand grazes the doorknob.

Her expression, once again, shows hesitation and discomfort as she turns the knob and walks inside.

"Luce..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy POV:
As I enter my house, I immediately feel his presence.

"It's a little late don't you think?" My father states.

No response comes from my lips.

"Or we're you too busy with that boy of yours? What's his name? Natsu is it?" he interrogates with a sly grin.

My eyes widen in shock by the fact that he knows Natsu, and more so that he knows his name.

"By the look on your face, I'm guessing I was correct?" My father laughs.

"You know," he continues, "you really should introduce him to me. Fathers like to know who their sweet little daughters are shackin' up with, especially me. Now, my whore of a daughter, would you be so kind and bring him over? I'd like to have a little 'chat' with him." My father asks as his smirk gets bigger.

My fists clench up.

"If not I'll just 'chat' with you instead... your choice." He states.

My response is the spread out of my arms. On either side of me, my arms are stretched, inviting him to come and hit me.

"I deserve this, because it's my fault. But, I'd rather him hurt me than Natsu. He'll never get to him! Or my friends! Not over my cold, dead body!"

Gladly taking the invitation, my father bears his fangs and charges over.

Starting with punches to the chest and stomach, he soon turns to kicking and slapping of the face and chest.

"I knew you were a dumb hoe, but now you've just proven me more!" My father snickers.

He places his final punch on my left cheek, and retreats to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once on my feet, I walk upstairs to get ready for bed.

Opening my bedroom door, I go into my closet and get some pajamas.

I slip into my white t-shirt and pink shorts, and climb into bed.

Reaching down to the floor, I grab one of the books I got when Levy and I visited the library.

I switch on the lamp near my bed and begin reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I make it midway through the book, I check my phone for the time.

Eleven-thirty shines back at me in bright, white numbers.

Feeling like I should get some sleep, I mark my spot in my book and set in gently on the ground.

Still holding my phone, I bring it up to my face. 

My gaze moves to my home screen photo.

It's a photo that we took at the boardwalk.

Erza's smiling and Jellal is behind her giving her bunnies ears while wearing a humorous smirk.

Juvia is hugging Gray, while he tries to pull her off, as usual.

Levy is grinning while using her fingers to make Gajeel's mouth form a smile, but it turns out to be a weird half smile since she can barely reach his mouth.

Lastly, Natsu has his arm around me while smiling, and I, who's grinning as well, makes a peace sigh with my hand.

Finally, I set my phone down on my bedside table and close my eyes.

"I'll never let him hurt you guys, I promise."