fifteen

luke inspected his appearance in the full length mirror that clung to his wall. he tilted his head to the side, trying to decide if what he was wearing was presentable enough to be out on a date.

he flattened down his tie, and adjusted the collar on his black button up. it was his usual attire he would wear when he was teaching, nothing more and nothing less.

luke wasn't a fan of meeting new people, which is why he thinks this is a bad idea. his awkward and shy side came out around people that he has never met before. he teaches to hundreds of kids everyday, but those were kids. these were grown adults such as himself. he knew he shouldn't be worrying about this and everything would turn out fine, but he couldn't help himself. this is how he was.

"do I look okay?" luke looked at calum in the reflection of the mirror who stood behind him.

"you look like your ready to teach a class," calum chuckled, taking luke by the wrist and turning him around so the two were facing each other, "roll up your sleeves, and leave a few buttons undone. take off the tie, it's not needed."

luke did as calum told, knowing his friend had more experience with this dating thing, even if he never had a full term relationship, he still has been on plenty of more dates than luke has.

"don't laugh at me you dick, I didn't want to do this in the first place," luke had a whining tone, which only made calum laugh even more.

"but you are doing it," calum began slipping on a pair of his shoes, "who knows, maybe you'll like the guy my date brings."

luke knew ahead of time he wouldn't like the guy in any other way than a friend, "I doubt it."

"stop being so doubtful, this is exactly why you are still single," calum argued, wishing luke could have an open mind about this whole situation they were about to go into to.

luke rolled his eyes, "I'm only doubtful because if I get my hopes up to much I will only be let down."

calum sighed, deciding it was better not to talk about it anymore. they finished getting ready in a dominant silence. neither of them minded. being around each other for a long period of time, sometimes it was needed. it was something they had grown use to, so it wasn't an awkward silence anymore, it was a comfortable friend silence.

luke, being the over thinker he was, already began regretting his decision as soon as he walked into the crowded, overpriced looking restaurant. usually, no one would ever find the duo at a place like this. they were more of the let's order pizza type of guys. luke assumed it wasn't calum who chose where they were eating tonight.

the blonde who felt completely out of place followed closely behind calum like he was a frightened child who didn't want to get lost as they followed the greeter to their table. they made small talk until the others showed up, which wasn't long behind them.

a bright, easy smile showed up on calum's face an luke instantly knew who they were as the two other boys walked towards the table. the tanned boy stood up, embracing one of the boys in a casual, friendly way into his arms. he was glad his friend was finally trying to settle down with one person instead of constantly bringing a stranger home. the blonde remained seated, a small smile permanently attached on his lips so he seemed like an approachable person.

"luke, I want you to meet matty," calum let his arm remain loosely hung around the matty's waist. his hair was a ebony black color while his skin resembled luke's paler skin. he looked friendly, in luke's opinion.

"hey, I've heard a lot about you," luke stuck out his hand, and shook the smaller, rougher hand of the boy.

"same about you," matty smiled small, "this is my friend, ashton. we share an apartment together."

a boy appears from behind matty, his eyes a hazel color and a mop of dirty blonde curls set on his head. he looks like a delightful person, a soft smile on his lips that revealed his dimples. he's beautiful.

"hi," luke shakes his hand to, and he becomes slightly embarrassed when they become damp, "take a seat," luke scoots over, allowing ashton to sit next to him so matty and calum could share a side of their own.

they make small talk for most of the dinner. luke was having trouble thinking up topics to talk about. he had to admit, it was good to get out for awhile.

"were you forced to come here too?" ashton leaned into luke's side as he spoke, trying to keep his tone at a whisper.

luke nodded his head, "apparently on a date you bring your friends along."

in all honesty, luke has never thought that his best friend would turn out to prefer guys. he has always hooked up with guys, but he never expected him to have a relationship with one. not that there was anything wrong with that, he just never expected it. he was guessing matty has helped him figure out his sexuality after all.

luke could hear ashton quietly laugh beside him. it was a type of laugh that could make anyone smile, "i don't think they needed us. it seems like they have forgotten we are here."

luke glances across the table to see the two talking amongst themselves and laughing every now and the at something one of them were saying.

"they seem happy," the blonde implies.

"do you have anyone making you happy?" ashton questioned, which for luke, it was a bit to soon, but he answered anyway.

"not at the moment," he pursed his lips, "and you?"

ashton shook his head, a few of his curls falling into his eyes, "I've been so caught up in my work, I don't have much time."

"what do you do?"

"I'm a writer, I concentrate on that a lot. I only have the period of time they give me to finish a story, so I don't get out very much. only when I need inspiration."

luke was going to say he loved to write. he was also going to ask what he enjoyed writing about, but before he could get any words in ashton beat him to it.

"maybe you can be my inspiration one day," ashton spoke softly, his lips almost touching the skin on luke's ear. he gulped, pulling his head away slightly, trying not to make it to noticeable.

"uh, yeah. maybe," luke was lying, he knew he would never want to be ashton's inspiration no matter how sweet of a guy he was. in all honestly, being here with ashton only made him realize how much he truly did like michael.

the rest of the night went by quickly, and luke has never been more relieved to be in his bed.

+ + +

someone stop me from updating to much

thoughts about ashton?

what do you think will happen between luke and ashton?

vote and comment xo