Chapter 10

I don't know how long I have been walking for, or where I am, I could care less anyway. There was no way that I could deal with this all by myself, I was expecting to count on Sasha and Nathaniel for the support but apparently Sasha had something else in mind. I continued to think about this as I walked through the now dark forest. The sun had gone down by now, my feet ached I had stopped crying by now but my face was still wet, partly because of the tears I still had but because my face was being pelted by snowflakes.

My shoes were wet and the snow crunched below my feet whenever I took a step. I was a mess, no more no less than that. I was lost, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know why I was still walking, my mind was black. It was as if my mind had shut down and darkness had taken over, just keeping my body moving no matter what.

There were sounds around me, the howl of the wind, animal noises, not birds of course. A couple of bunnies here and there. With every step I took the more clearer it became, there were red spots all over the snow, of course it couldn't have been Chris' blood because that was earlier today. Plus the blood was definitely fresh. I started to regain consciousness, my mind started to work again, I finally felt how cold I was, how deep into the snow my feet were. The blood trail continued, though the more I walked the bigger the spot became. 'Why is there blood? This better not be Jeff...or something else.' I thought to myself. Soon enough I found a bunny's corpse under a tree. It was all mutilated and decapitated. I grimaced at it and felt like the vile in my stomach was up my throat. I placed my hand over my mouth, trying to stop myself from throwing up the vile.

'What could have done this?' I thought, knowing that Jeff wouldn't be so idiotic or stupid enough to kill a bunny for his satisfaction. I was sure that he preferred humans more than animals. Looking around, I saw something else a few feet away from I was. I slowly made my way over there, wanting to investigate what it was, and to my surprise it was a dead dog. Now I definitely couldn't keep it in, I threw up. The sight was so gruesome, the dog's guts were everywhere a limb or two were missing, its head was...he had no eyes and no jaw. I threw up once again before wiping my mouth with my sleeve. I knew that this was definitely not Jeff's doing. Looking around I tried to see if there was anyone else around here apparently there was no one. Everything was dark and I couldn't really see.

Something brushed up against my leg and I tensed up completely. 'Shit! Shit! Shit! What just brushed against my leg? I'm getting a really bad feeling about this! I don't wanna die just yet..' I closed my eyes tightly before hearing a soft purr followed by a meow. Ever so slowly I opened them both and stared down at a white cat. Though it's eyes were different, one eye was hazel and the or the one was half white half hazel. It was a really pretty cat. "Hey there buddy." I said as I knelt down beside him and petted him gently. He purred softly before he quickly turned his head in a different direction his ears flicked up and he stood frozen as he just stared deeply at whatever was that he was looking at. 'Yeah...I don't like this at all.' I looked over at where the cat was looking at and I heard a soft growl. A huge shudder ran down my back. And I had more goosebumps than what I already had. My heart picked up the pace a little as I just stayed there frozen in placed.

The growl was faint, but it was getting closer by the minute. I bit my lip as I heard it once again, it was like a snarl. I gulped a little before the cat licked my hand. "What is it?" I whispered before looking down at it. It meowed softly before it started to walk away. 'Now the cat is leaving me! Seriously?!' I facepalmed myself before the cat meowed once again. I looked at it through between my fingers and saw that it was waiting for me. I smiled a little. Before I got up and followed it. The growling didn't stop at all, it continued to get closer and closer. I had no idea what I was going, the only thing was that I needed to trust the cat.

My legs were heavy and I could barely feel them, the cat then started to run, but not a dash more of a jog. And then I heard it, a deep growl right behind me. My heart was now pounding in my chest and I did not dare look behind me. Instead I tried my best and with all of the energy I had, I ran after the cat. If this cat was helping me I was happy. I didn't know what was following me, nor did I want to know where it was or how far behind me it was. I started to pant softly, my breath could be seen just a few centimeters in front of my face as I continued to run. I still had the cat in my eyesight, so I hadn't lost him and I wasn't planing on doing so. My ears caught the sound of heavy footsteps not so far behind me. I picked up the pace as I watched the cat way in front of me.

The cat meowed softly, 'I hope you know where you're going cat.' I thought as continued running, tripping on a couple of branches here and there but never falling, I stumbled but never fell to the ground.

Soon enough I was right in front of a house. Wait, it was my house! I looked over at the cat, it only meowed. 'Hm, smart cat.' I thought. I jumped up in surprise as a louder growl was heard. I quickly ran over to the cat picked it up and ran towards the house. Running inside through the back door I quickly placed the cat down and turned around to close the door. Grabbing the door I was about to close it before I saw a pair of red eyes. They continued to get closer and closer. I was panting heavy by now and this just scared me to death. Quickly I closed the door and locked it tightly. Putting the shades down of every window in the kitchen and then moving into the living room and doing the same. Making sure that the front door was closed tightly and that the shades were. Down then I made my way up to my room, finding the white cat already asleep on my bed, I just chuckled softly. I took off my wet scarf, sweater, and the rest of my clothes. Grabbed a towel and pretty much dried myself before putting on another pair of clothes, along with my pajamas. I looked out the window before climbing in bed with the cat. Surprisingly the cat was dry, its fur wasn't wet at all.

Shrugging the thought off I looked snuggled the cat and placed the covers over us both before I closed my eyes and tried to get myself to sleep.

(Kay, 10th chapter done. Hope you all like it. Also sorry my chapters are becoming so short. I've been busy with a summer program that my parents forced me to go to but don't worry. I'll try to make the next chapters longer. Comment, vote, follow, and tell your favorite aunt to read this story.)