Chapter 19

The tears just wouldn't stop as I looked at the sight in front of me, 'why? Why did he do this?' I had an idea as to what might have caused him to do such thing but why do it to Nathaniel. Shawn who had been standing next to me ran out towards the bathroom to get the aid kit. Finally, having processed exactly everything I quickly moved towards the small boy. Quickly picking him up and placing him on my lap, for I have sat down next to him. Staring down at the long, deep, and bloodied cut that had been placed on his small face. It looked similar to Jeff's.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat, I quickly grabbed my shirt as I tried to wipe the blood off. Seconds later Shawn walked in and quickly handed me the opened kit, taking out a couple of wipes and disinfectants. Nathaniel's tears had mixed in with his blood. Before doing anything I wiped my own tears out of my eyes. Taking a deep breath in before finally having her vision back, since it had been blurred by the tears. Taking the wipes back into my hand I wiped the blood that had ran down to his neck. "It's alright, I'm here now. Nothing's going to happen to you now." I said softly, grabbing the small bottle of alcohol before grabbing a new wipe and pouring some onto it. Gently wiping it over the cut, only to hear him sob out louder.

"It really hurts!" He hissed out as he started to writhe on my lap. "I know it does but this is going to help." I continued to do so, trying to be gentle as possible but of course even if I was being as gentle as could be, the alcohol still burned. It helped the blood start to come to a stop and so he wasn't loosing too much. A couple more tears had fallen from my eyes as I continued to treat Nathaniel, though it somewhat pissed me off that Shawn wasn't doing anything more to help. But of course I just let it slide, focusing only in treating the small boy that was still writhing on my lap from the small shots of pain that the alcohol sent through his system as it touched his cut.

I needed to ask him who had done this to him later, since I doubted that he could tell me at that moment. Taking out another wipe I took out the small bottle of hydrogen peroxide and wiped his cut once again just to finish up. Putting the used wipes in a small pile I grabbed a gauze, unrolling the roll as I gently pressed it to the cut, cutting a couple of strips before finally taping the ends so it wouldn't move and it wouldn't come off. His tears had finally stopped and he was now just sobbing softly. Closing up the two bottles I placed them back into the kit and then closed it up. Is good up along with Nathaniel and carried him over to the bed and gently placed him down.

Making sure that I wouldn't place him on the side that had the cut. And not long after his head had hit the pillow he fell asleep. Though his whimpers could still be heard, even if they weren't that loud. I softly sighed out before I walked back and took the aid kit along with the used wiped and headed outside. Though something stopped me. Hearing soft mews coming from under the bed. I raised an eyebrow, I really didn't want any more surprises and I just wanted to be alone at the moment. So placing the aid kit down and throwing the wipes into the trash can that was located at the corner of the room I headed towards the bed once again. "I'll take the aid kit." I heard Shawn say as he walked out of the room once again.

Nearing the bed I knelt down beside it and looked underneath it. There I watched as the small white cat started to walk towards me, a limp clearly shown in his walk. I just stared at the poor feline with saddened eyes. Jeff must have kicked the poor fella under the bed. Reaching in when the animal was close enough I pulled him out. Keeping him in my arms, hearing the small and soft mews he would let out from time to time. Heading towards the door I walked out and closed it behind myself. Looking off to the side I watched as Shawn neared me. "I'm sorry.." He mumbled out, I just ignored the boy as I gently petted the cat.

I think I had about enough of all of this, "You know, I was thinking that it's about time I go back." I looked over at him, lifting my arm up so I could wipe my eyes with my sleeve once again. The bottom of my shirt was all covered in blood so I knew that I had to change. 'Yeah that is the best choice....If you think so...I know so.' And yet again I had gone back to talking and debating to myself. I had no medication and that was one of the reasons. I had ran out and I thought that there might be some back at the house. "You're really going back? But what if Sasha goes travels there and checks?" He questioned me, "I know that she won't since she has already gone off."

There was a week that Sasha hadn't walked around or I hadn't even seen her car move from the driveway, and so that only meant that she had gone off and traveled to Pennsylvania to check out the house. So by now she must have gotten tired of looking for us. And Jeff...he had to resort to hurting Nathaniel just to get his point through. So I didn't want to run anymore, this was just not how things were suppose to go. Plus I was somehow worried about what had happened to him and why he was acting the way he was. "Can't you stay here for a bit longer?" A small smile formed on my features before it disappeared. "No, I'm sorry but the sooner I leave the less trouble I will be for you and I believe that all of these weird bruises and marks and injuries that both Nathaniel and I are suffering will most likely stop." I turned around, my back was now facing him, starting to walk down the hall heading towards the stairs.

Walking downstairs I headed towards the couch, Shawn had followed close behind. "We could do something about it. I mean there has to be another way to stop it right?" Shaking my head a couple of times I looked down at the cat before gently placing him next to me. "Could I please borrow you laptop?" Shawn of course hesitated into giving the device to him but eventually he handed it over. "Thank you." I opened up the browser and of course I bought the plane tickets. Having my card and having the sufficient money in my bank account I was able to buy both plane tickets, knowing that the white cat would somehow make it back, seeing that it somehow was able to travel all the way over here.

Closing the browser along with the laptop I placed it on the small coffee table in front of me. The white feline had fallen asleep, though if I touched its' side it would whimper or mew softly. Picking up the creature once again I headed to the door. "I'm going to go for another walk, I'll be back in a while." I said softly, ignoring all of the boy's protests about it. "If something is to happen to Nathaniel while I'm gone I'd be sure to kill you. It's not a threat just a warning." With that I opened the door and walked outside.

Closing the door I looked around, the night wasn't as cold as you would expect it to be. After all California was a warm state. Walking down the steps I started to walk down the sidewalk. 'Maybe I should have just left Nathaniel with Sasha....Yeah but then he would have probably been beaten to death....Yeah I know that....So you did the right choice about taking him from her when you could.' Talking to myself once again I didn't notice that I had turned a corner, hearing a soft "Mew." From the white feline made me blinked a few times so I was brought back to reality. Looking down at the cat i noticed that it was still asleep , then I must have imagined that.

Looking up once again, my eyes widened a bit as I saw that a few feet away from me was someone. Someone with a very familiar white hoodie, and the height seemed to be about the same. Gritting my teeth together I slowed down my steps, and became more silent. I began to follow the figure, hoping that it was Jeff. 'You don't know how much I want to fucking stab you.' I thought to myself as I glared at them. 'I don't know how you find all of this entertaining. You're a damn sick minded freak. I wished that you would-' "How long do you plan to follow me?" I was interrupted as I hear someone say, though of course it came from none other than the person who was walking in front of me.

Not replying to his comment, "Did you not hear me? I asked, how long are you planning to fucking follow me?" And not two seconds after he came to a stop and turned around so he was now looking at me, removing his hood. I of course had to stop, not wanting to get any closer to him. "Follow you? Who in their right mind would do that?" I scoffed before rolling my eyes. "Someone who isn't you, since of course you were following me." He remarked, glaring at him I rolled my eyes once again. "What-" "Is there a reason as to why you're following me?" I swallowed before sighing out through my nose. "I want to know why you're doing all of this? Why did you do that to Nathaniel? You know better than to touch him." This only caused him to chuckled softly, "I did nothing to the boy. He was the one that did it to himself." I gritted my teeth at his comment, "Yeah because he's that stupid to slit his own cheek open." I mocked back, "Yes. I just handed him the knife and watched it all go down."

A tear slipped past my eye, I really didn't want to cry, not in front of him. "I'm glad that what he did finally got through to you. I'll be expecting you back at our house." I felt something cold lift my chin up, that's when I finally saw how close he had gotten to me. I didn't even have a clue that he had taken steps towards me. Quickly moving my head off to the side, removing my chin from the knife and looking off to the side. "Technically it's my house, and notice that I said my house. There is no our, since of course you're just forcing your way into it." I said bitterly. I hated him so much, I just wished he would die. Another tear fell from my eye. I tried holding back any of the others that threatened to fall.

I heard a deep chuckle, feeling the cold surface against my cheek before it forced my head back around. "Have you forgotten what I'm capable of? If I were you I would watch what I say." I growled at him, "As if! You're a monster! A cold hearted, sick minded freak!" That must have hit something in him. His hand fell to his side and his hair covered his eyes. I swore I saw a tear run down his cheek, if it could even be called that, but I could have been wrong. He said nothing and did nothing, I was sure that he was going to kill me right there and then but instead he just turned around and just ran. Not even daring to look back at me. I sighed out shakily as I watched him disappear.

"What...What have I done..?" I breathed out, I knew I had done something wrong and that I had angered him. Something I knew not to do. But now, it was too late and I was sure that something worse was going to happen. More tears started to run down my face, I needed to quickly head back to Shawn's place. Quickly turning on my heel I headed there full speed, tears blurring my vision but that didn't stop me. I tripped once maybe twice, and I was lucky enough not to drop the cat that I still held in my arms. "Please be okay.."