Chapter 3

Trying to get as far away as possible from the figure. The more I tried, the more the figure got closer. Panting as I ran, my leg still bleeding. I didn't know how much longer I could hold out. Seeing my breath every time I exhaled, the snow still pelting me. The pain from my leg wasn't the thing that was bothering, it was how it was now frozen, blood frozen all around the two cuts. I gasped for air, I didn't know how much closer he was, nor did I want to know. I didn't want to turn around. I had to though, I was curious and I needed to know. A hand went straight to my thigh as I held onto it. It was numb and I couldn't feel anything. Slowly I turned around, I only had a few seconds of view before he lunged at me. Falling back with him on top, he quickly raised his knife and...

"AHHH!" I screamed as I sat up, beads of sweat rolling down my face. I panted softly as I sat there, trying to level my breathing. Once I had calmed down I looked around. The room I was in looked nothing like mine nor did it look familiar. "Where am I?" I questioned myself, quickly a lady walked in. "Oh! Are you alright?!" She asked worried, she quickly walked over to me and started checking if anything had happened. It took me a minute to process that...I was in a hospital. "Y-Yes, I'm fine." I said before looking around. I didn't know how long or when I even got here, but I'm sure that Jennifer would answer all off questions.

The nurse nodded her head and walked out, soon after my parents, Nathaniel, and Jennifer walked in. Of course Jennifer was freaking out like usual. "Oh, (_Name_)! I'm so glad that you're okay." She quickly walked over and tried to give me a hug but she retained herself when she eyed everything I had on. I had two Ivs, one in each arm. They sort of hurt, I knew that my arm was going to be bruised when these things get taken off. "I was so worried about you." Said mom, I could tell that she really meant it, she was actually being sentimental. After all she was related to me and she actually cared for me, even though she never really let those feelings show, as well as my father.

My father wasn't as worried as mother but his eyes showed the slightest concern. "We were so surprised when we found out that you were in the hospital." Mom added onto her last sentence. Nathaniel on the other hand, he had puffy red eyes, meaning that he had been crying. "Don't worry, I'm fine now." I was less confident than how I had sounded. Mother nodded and smiled a little. Well this little incident had changed my parents a lot. Before they were slightly insensitive and they didn't really care about me much, but now apparently they did.

Nathaniel smiled at me before giving me a small hug. I tried to hug him back though it was slightly hard to do so. He pulled away after a couple of seconds. Clearing my throat I looked over at mother, "How long have I been here for so far?" I questioned, curious to know how much longer was I suppose to stay in the hospital. "Well, honey...you've been here for about 4 weeks now.." She trailed off at the end. '4 weeks?!' I thought. "Why 4 weeks?" Mother sighed softly before biting her lip gently. "See, you were in a coma for the past 4 weeks...you went into a coma right after you came out of surgery and haven't woken up until now."

I stared at her in shock. 'In a coma? How?...was it really that bad?' I was caught in my thoughts. I didn't even know where to start. Apparently Jeff did a lot of damage on me then. "I-I see..." I murmured softly, I was so shocked by all of this. I couldn't believe that I was actually in a coma because of that. "And..how did I get to the hospital then?" The last thing I remember was falling unconscious in Jennifer's house. "My mom quickly drove to the hospital that night. Yeah we got into a couple of accidents but we couldn't let you die..." Jennifer explained. I smiled a little before nodding. "Well, thanks."

I started to get tired once again. My eyes felt heavy, though I kept on getting this weird feeling that I was being watched. But I just didn't know by who or what. "Oh, honey you seem tired. We'll leave you to rest then." Mother said, kissing my forehead before she stood up and walked out with father and Nathaniel. "Alright, bye mom, dad. Take good care of Nathaniel." I softly mumbled before my eyes closed.

Jennifer followed right after them and bit her lip gently. She was really worried about me and I knew that. Right after everyone left I quickly fell asleep. The feeling of being watched never left and I was getting quite uncomfortable about it. I just hope that this feeling isn't about something terrible. Though, I'll find out soon about it. I really hope that Jeff won't come back and finish what he started, I don't want to die just yet...

(Decided to write the third chapter now. So comment, vote, follow, and tell your favorite aunt to read this story :D)