Chapter 4

Beep Beep Beep...the monitor was driving me crazy, I was on the verge of just loosing it! "Good morning miss (_Name_), how did you sleep last night?" The nurse said as she walked in. I could have made a remarked and said 'Oh, just peachy with the soothing pattern of the beeping monitor.' But I didn't and instead I said, "I slept well." Looking around the room I tried to see if anything had changed. I was finally getting released today and I was more than happy to leave this joint.

The nurse walked over to me and smiled a bit. "Are you happy about leaving today?" I gave her a small nod and a small smile. Of course I was happy, I was more than happy. I was ecstatic to leave this place. I felt like I was dead, I never got to get out of bed and everything was brought to me. Yeah sure I liked how I was being treated but it was just getting too much. "You're parents will be coming to pick you up in about an hour." The nurse informed me before she walked out. I nodded once again before I saw the door closed after she walked out.

I grinned and threw my hands up in the air. "Finally!" I breathed out, I felt like I was going to become one of the corpses that were in the morgue. I had closed my eyes and I was grinning and just loosing it because of how enthusiastic I was. Once I had calmed down I let out a soft sigh and made myself comfortable again. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. I hadn't seen my leg ever since I came into the hospital, I didn't want to see how gruesome it was or if I would even be able to walk. The doctor had said yes but there was a small possibility that I would have a tiny limp. It wouldn't exactly be noticeable, though I would still have it.

Sighing I looked over at the small table that was right next to the bed. I noticed a small note folded there. Raising an eyebrow I wondered if the nurse had left it there, maybe mom, or Jennifer. I reached over for it, I was a very curious girl so of course I had to open it quickly. It took me a while because apparently the sides had somewhat stuck together a bit. Opening it my eyes widened, this couldn't be. This note was written with the same sort of penmanship that had been used to write on my list that time. "Jeff..." I said softly, soon after I heard a small tap outside the window, my breath hitched and my eyes widened.

I slowly looked over to the window but what surprised me the most was that there was no one there. Sighing out softly I looked back at the note that read, 'If I don't end you, I will take everyone around you. One by one...hahahaha!' I felt a shudder go down my back. I didn't like this at all, not one bit. If he meant by taking one by one the people I loved the most then I didn't want him to do that at all. I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard another noise coming from the window.

My head quickly shot in the direction only to come face to face, or face to mirror to face with Jeff. I grimaced at the sight of him. His never leaving smile widened as he watched me. I could hear him laughing softly through the glass before he brought his long tongue out and licked the glass. I gave a disgusted look at his action, and in response he only laughed. I blinked and he was gone. I looked around frantically to see if he was anywhere inside the room or in any of the other windows.

'That could have just been my imagination. I'm just paranoid, that's it...think of bunnies and unicorns and rainbows. Yeah, that's it (_Name_). Bunnies, rainbows, and unicorns.' I thought I was going to go insane. All of this was going to bring me to the edge of my sanity and then just break it.

I was then snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a couple of footsteps down the hall. I knew that most of the nurses were on break because it was around mid-afternoon, that meant they were on lunch break so not many nurses were around at the moment. And I believe that the doctor was with a different patient and not in the same hall or even in the same side of the building for that matter.

The footsteps continued to get closer and closer, my breathing was starting to speed up, I felt like my heart and lungs were just going to get ripped out. I started to pant softly, afraid that it might be Jeff, that he was coming back to finish the job. Soon enough the footsteps finally made their way to the front of the door. My breathing wouldn't slow down no matter what, I heard as the door handle started to buckle and then it turned slowly. My hands clenched onto the covers of the bed. I gritted my teeth as the door handle turned more and more until finally the door was pushed opened.

I looked at whoever was at the door, "Hey (_Name_)! Miss me yet?!" It wasn't who I expected, it was Jennifer. I didn't know that I was holding my breath until I felt myself breath out. My hands unclenched the sheet and my jaw relaxed. My breathing slowly came back to normal and I was good, for the time being. I was right, I was just being paranoid. "Come on, lets get out of this joint. Your mom is waiting for us downstairs." I looked at her bluntly, "I need clothes and I need a wheelchair because I still can't walk." She laughed softly and scratched the back of her head. "Haha, that's right. I was just testing ya. So just give me a second." With that Jennifer left the room.

A couple of minutes later she came back with articles of clothing. "And I need you to help me change." Jennifer face-palmed and soon got to work. Trying her best not to hurt me at all. A couple minutes of struggling to just get my pants on, I grabbed the shirt and put it on in mere seconds. "Here's your wheelchair." She helped me on it and I rolled out if the room, saying my goodbyes to everyone in the prison of the dead. We took the elevator down and then headed outside.

I was happy to be leaving that place. If I would have stayed there longer I would have gone insane and killed the doctors. Not. But yeah I would have just lost it and destroyed the monitor that beeps every fucking second. But now I was gone and I hope to never see Jeff ever again. Or well not see him until I can fight back. Because if I had just seen him outside my window, then he knew exactly where I was and what I was doing, not to mention that he was right on my tail. I knew that he wasn't going to stop at any cost until he got what he wanted. And that was to either kill me and rid the earth of little useless me or hurt and get rid of everyone I cared for the most around me. Which was something that I wasn't going to let him do. Though I had a feeling that things weren't going to work out for me.

(4th chapter done ^^ Hope you guys like it. Please comment, vote, follow, and tell your favorite aunt to read this story because I believe she will like it :D)