Chapter 17

I don't know for how long I slept for but by the time I woke it was already dark out. Sitting up in bed I looked around, rubbing my eyes before looking over at the clock that was on the small night table next to my bed. It was around 2:00 AM, my eyes widened as I stared it at it for a few seconds. Well it was later than I had expected. Slowly I climbed out of bed and walked over to the door. Wrapping my hand around the doorknob I tried turning it so I could open the door but, it didn't budge. It was stuck...'It's locked genius...I know I can see that...Okay, then what are you going to do now? After all Sasha seems like she definitely doesn't want you to leave.' I thought to myself.
Again I had once again started talking to myself, why? Well because I had finished the last of my medication and I hadn't gotten a refill and this trip had made me forgotten about them.
Looking around the room I saw a window. Maybe Sasha hadn't locked the window. I walked over to it and tried to open it. 'Yes!' I thought to myself as I opened the window fully, I was glad that they didn't have an alarm because the that would have given me a lot of trouble. I leaned over and looked out the window it wasn't that far down, the room was on the second floor of the house so maybe it was. I looked around making sure that no one was out. Once I was sure I walked back in and grabbed my suitcase, I hadn't even bothered about taking off my shoes when I had fallen asleep so that was already taken care of.
Ever so gently I threw my suitcase out the window hopping that it would land on one of the shrubs or rose bushes that Sasha had. I was very lucky that it didn't hit the side of the house or that it made a loud noise when it had fallen. I grinned and I climbed out of the window. Sasha's room was two rooms away from mine, and it was on the same side as mine as well so Nathaniel's was on the other side and right next door to mine, so basically across the hall.
I climbed down the side of the house, pretty much I tried to be like a ninja, not making any noise or tripping over things that would result in me screaming and waking up the whole neighborhood. Once I had made it down to the ground I took my suitcase, not even bothering to pull up the handle that it had and I just pulled it over and placed it behind a tree. Once I was done with that I headed over to the other side of the house, passing by the keep out tapes that the police had placed when they had come earlier today. I made it to the other side of the hour and started to climb once again. I needed to get out of there along with Nathaniel this night and before Sasha woke up.
Quickly I made it up, having my hand slip a few times only to result with me biting my lip harshly from trying to keep me from screaming or yelling. 'Alright, (_Y/N_) you're doing fine, no you're doing great.' I thought as I finally stood right in front of Nathaniel's window. I looked in through it and saw Nathaniel's small sleeping figure. Softly I knocked on his window while whispering soft, "Nathaniel....Nathaniel....Nathaniel, sweetie wake up..." I could see his small figure shift around but, he never woke up.
Finally I decided to look around to see if I could use anything to open the window but, once I finally took a good look at the window I could see that it was slightly opened. 'Yeah, smart (_Y/N_)....Oh, shut up....Whatever.' Rolling my eyes I opened the window and climbed into his room. Making sure that I didn't land with a thud or any loud noises of a sort. I walked over to him and started to move his small body around. "Hey, Nathaniel.." I whispered softly.
He didn't seem to wake up to that either, finally I decided to do something that I haven't done to him in a couple years. I moved both of my hands, one clapping down on his mouth and the other pinching his nose, cutting off all of his oxygen. He started to stir around until finally he opened his eyes. I smiled softly and pulled away my hands. "I told you not to do that anymore, (_Y/N_)." I just chuckled softly, "I know, but right now I need you to keep quiet. We're leaving now." I told him as I took the covers off him and walked over to his closet getting a pair of clothes and a pair of shoes for him to change to.
A couple seconds later he had his shirt on as well as his pants all that was left was his shoes. Finally when his shoes were on I walked over to the window. "Alright, I need you to climb onto my back and not let go no matter what. Okay?" I whispered to him, he nodded and did as I told him. I climbed out of the window with Nathaniel on my back and I started to climb down the side of the house. Sort of closing the window to his bedroom while I was at it.
It took me a while to get down, seeing as I almost slipped like once or twice and I had to keep Nathaniel from falling but, at the end I made it down. Not a single scratch on, well maybe a little one on the cheek but it was nothing serious. I didn't let Nathaniel get off my back as I ran over to the tree and retrieved my suitcase. Supporting Nathaniel with one hand while I used the other to pull up the handle and then pull it along and down the street as I walked.
Nathaniel held onto me as I walked, "Where are we going to go now?" He asked me. "I was thinking that we could go home to our old house, but I think Sasha would be looking in that place first. So I think it would be best if we hid here for the time being." I explained to him as I continued to walk. 'Maybe we all could hide at Shawn's house?....Um, I don't now if that'll be alright with him....He's 18 for fuck's sake, I bet he has his own place here so I don't think he'll mind us crashing with him....I guess.' I was fighting mentally with myself now.
After putting much thought into it I decided that maybe crashing with Shawn would be a god idea, the only bad thing was that didn't know where he lived. I dropped my head in shame as I continued to walk, I didn't know where he lived or which one of the houses I walked by was his. Sighing I looked around, maybe he was out. By now it was probably like 3 in the morning. I decided to stop for a moment, checking my phone in case it was later than that then that meant Sasha was going to go to work. Seeing that I was close, it was around 3:30 AM I guess it took me about an hour and a half to just get out of that place. And by the looks of it, the sun still hadn't come out, then again it was still winter so there was nothing I could do about it.
Grumbling to myself I put my phone away and grabbed the handle of the suitcase before I started to walk again. Nathaniel had fallen asleep because his body had gone limp. "Damnit, I should have asked him for his address in case something like this happened..." I mumbled to myself, a couple seconds later someone touched me or more like grabbed my arm, quickly on instinct I turned around already having my hand formed into a fist before striking whoever the hell had grabbed my arm. I made contact and sent the person towards the ground. I looked down at them only to quickly facepalm. 'Shit!! I just punched Shawn.' I thought to myself, "Damn! You sure can throw a punch." He said as he held his cheek.
I grimaced as I looked at him, "Yeah, I'm very sorry about that I thought you were someone else." And by someone else I meant either Sasha or Jeff. "I should have said something before even coming near you." He chuckled out, I sweat dropped and smiled sheepishly before holding out a hand to him. "Again, I'm sorry." I said laughing softly, he took my hand and I helped him up. "So what are you doing out here so early?" He asked me, I just narrowed my eyes. "I should be asking you the same thing." He just rolled his eyes, "I asked you first." I swatted my hand at him, "I..um...just taking a walk...?" He narrowed his eyes, "That sounds more like a question than a statement."
I sighed and shrugged, "Fine Mr. Know-it-all. I just ran away from home. Or well from my stepmom's house." He nodded before tilting his head. "And who's this?" He asked pointing over at Nathaniel, "Oh, this here is Nathaniel he's um...my little brother I guess. He's the only reason I even came to this place." I had no idea why the fuck I was telling him all of this but, he just seemed like one of those people that you could tell things to and all. "Oh, I see. So where are you guys heading to now?" My smile dropped to a small frown, "Well to be honest I seriously don't know where we could go. I mean I could go back home but, I'm afraid that that will be the first place that Sasha would search in."
Silence overtook both of us before Shawn said something, "Well you could crash at my place for a while if you'd like." My smile returned, "Really? I mean are you sure you wouldn't mind? After all I've only known you for like a day well, pretty much half a day." He nodded and grinned, "Yeah I'm positive, what kind of a guy would I be if I let a pretty girl like yourself continue to walk upon these streets with who knows what kind of weirdos live in them." My smile widened and I gave him a small one arm hug. "I really appreciate this Shawn." I grabbed the handle to my suitcase and smiled. "Again no worries, don't mention it." He smiled before he took Nathaniel from my back, "I'll carry him so you'll only have to worry about your carrier." I sighed softly as the weight of Nathaniel was taken off my back. "Oh, thanks...again." I said and grinned, he started to walk and I followed right beside him.
I rubbed my chin I was going to ask him something, then it hit me. "So yeah what were you doing out here?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him, "Oh, I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk." I rolled my eyes, "Sure you were. It's too early to go out for a walk." Shawn ruffled my hair with his free hand, "Yeah okay, I was out taking pictures." He said as he took out his camera. I nodded, "Fine." I said not really caring anymore, I was concentrated more in if Sasha would drive by and she would see us. Pushing that thought aside I smiled at him.
We walked for about 5 minutes before we finally reached his place. "So this is where you live? It's nice." I said looking at the small house. It was a nice green color, it was smaller than Sasha's house and mine but, it was still nice. He took out his keys from his pocket and walked up the stairs with me right behind him, pulling the carrier up every step. He opened the door and walked in, me walking in right after him and closing the door, I finally relaxed seeing as I was no longer out in the open. I placed my suitcase right next to the door and followed after Shawn into his living room. He placed Nathaniel on the couch and I sat right next to the small child. I smiled down at him and moved a few pieces of his hair out of his face.
Well this was going to serve as a home to us both while we hide from Sasha. Plus it's not like we had any other place we could go, Jeff was mad at me. So this was where we would be for the time being...