Chapter 18

For the past few weeks I have been staying at Shawn's, it wasn't easy hiding away from Sasha. She has driven around the neighborhood trying to find us, she has gone to the neighbors and knocking on their doors asking if they have seen us. Not to mention that we had her visit Shawn one time. Nathaniel was out in the yard playing around and getting so fresh air when the doorbell rang. The worst part was that after Shawn told her that we weren't there she headed towards the backyard, hopefully I quickly pulled Nathaniel back into the house and hid under the table which was covered my a tablecloth long enough that it reached the floor.
But so far it's been good, Shawn usually gets us food during the day and Nathaniel along with me go out on walks at night, seeing as Sasha is never out. Or as far as we've seen she hasn't. Plus Jeff hasn't come by or shown any sign of him being there or visiting, nothing. For some strange reason I was starting to worry about him. Heh, funny right? Me worrying about a cold blooded killer, it amazes that I would go to such extent. But in all reality it was true, Nathaniel had also been feeling down. That was because he usually had talks with Jeff or they played games.
It's actually really surprising that he hadn't killed Nathaniel when they first met, nope instead he created a small friendship with the small boy. Who would've thought that that could actually be possible, definitely not me. And so now I sat on the couch, watching tv as Nathaniel was upstairs in the spare room drawing. Though a thought came to mind as I turn off the tv. Why did Jeff keep me at home all that time without telling me the location of Nathaniel....it was as if he wanted to keep me to himself...I could never figure him out. Shrugging the thought off I walked out to the yard and looked around, the sun was setting already and well it meant that soon enough Nathaniel and I would be going on a walk.
Stretching I sighed out before walking back inside, closing the glass door in the process. Shawn hasn't been home since early in the morning, he said something about going and taking nature pictures of this forest nearby...eh couldn't argue with him on that. Not to mention the guy was a bit strange in his own way. Pushing the thought aside I walked over to the kitchen and took out a cartoon of orange juice from the fridge, grabbing a cup I poured some in it before placing the cartoon back into the fridge. Picking up the cup I headed back to the living room, taking sips from the cup as I did so.
As I finished the juice I placed the empty cup on the coffee table which stood right in front of the couch. Leaning back on the couch I looked up at the ceiling, ever so slowly I felt my eyes closing. I was drowning in darkness before I felt something grab my arm, that immediately made my eyes open back up. I looked over to see if it was either Nathaniel or Shawn but to my surprise it was neither of them. I stared wide-eyed at the all too familiar killer, Jeff. I didn't know what to do, I was frozen in place. "Hey there, (_Y/N_)." His voice sounded like it had a hint of anger and rejection but I couldn't quite pinpoint them. "Je-Jeff, you're ba-back." I stuttered out as my eyes didn't moved from his figure.
His already carved in smile only became wider as he stared at me. The next thing caught me off guard as I was grabbed by the shoulder and thrown against the wall, I arch my back as I made contact with the wall. The air leaving my lungs because of the impact. Once I fell to the ground I started to cough, trying to regain the oxygen that I had lost. "So, you trust a guy like that yet you can't trust me?" He questioned as he walked closer to me. I made an effort on getting up, or at least being able to sit up and I raised an eyebrow. "What....What are you talking about?" I didn't understand this little fit of his. 'Is he talking about Shawn?' Jeff narrowed his eyes at me and punched the wall above me. "You know exactly what I'm talking about!" He yelled, arrogance could be heard in his voice as well as annoyance.
Why was he acting like this? Usually he would just cut me or something...but this is different. Quickly he picked me up by the neck and pinned me to the wall, my hands quickly reached up to try and get his hand off my neck but of course he was a lot stronger than myself, so I failed in trying to get his hand off. "Now, listen carefully okay?" He looked down at him, wondering if it was a question. Feeling his hand squeeze my throat I let out a strangled noise, and slightly nodded my head. "Good." The ends of his forever smile twitched. He pulled me away from the wall before slamming me back into it, I felt the loss of air as I made contact. "Now, get this through you thick skull. You, yourself. Mentally and physically, are mine and mine alone. No one else's, do you understand?" I was halfway to falling unconscious as he had asked that. "Do you understand?" He asked again, his voice a low growl as he spoke. I nodded feeling lightheaded. "Now, just to make sure that you won't run astray. This will be your little reminder." Quickly he ripped my shirt open, gripping his knife in his hand before he carved what I believed was his first name initial on my shoulder. My eyes quickly shot open as I felt the stinging pain run through my body.
Feeling the warm liquid run down the side of my arm and the side of my stomach. He let go of me, making me fall limp on the ground. "Sweet dreams, (_Y/N_)~" He sung out before I was overtaken by darkness. Complete and utter darkness around me....but then...."(_Y/N_), wake up....Hey, wake the hell up already." Slowly I opened my eyes to see Shawn, a stinging pain on my cheek made me bolt up and almost fall from the blood that had quickly rushed up to my head. I rubbed my eyes as I yawned a bit. "What..?" I mumbled out, rubbing my eye before looking back at the male. "You fell asleep, it's already past 9." My eyes widened as I looked over at the clock. Quickly I took my jacket and called out for Nathaniel who quickly ran down the stairs. Guess Jeff being here was all a dream. "Alright, so we'll be back in a couple of minutes." Shawn gave a nod of his head, "Sure thing, be careful." I nodded my head before opening the door and letting Nathaniel out first. "Oh, (_Y/N_)?" I stopped halfway out the door, "What is it?" I asked, he bit his lip a bit before he pointed at his neck. "Why do you have marks all over your neck, like fingers were wrapped around your neck?" I stood there as I reached up and touched my neck, feeling a little of pain as I did. 'Was that not a dream? Was that real? Then that means....that Jeff was really here?...but my clothes they're just how they were before I fell asleep...' Quickly shaking my head I have Shawn a smile. "I tell you when I come back." And with that I took off, closing the door behind me as I followed Nathaniel down the street.
"You might want to check your left shoulder." Suggested Nathaniel, "What?" I really didn't for I feared that the dream might have been indeed not a dream. "That's if you want I mean. But I think it would be best if you did." I have a nod of my head before gulping a bit. Slowly I moved my jacked to the side along with my shirt and sure as hell there it was. The fucking initial that he had carved in. Fear washed over me as I could no longer walk. "Ho-How do you kno-know about this?" I questioned Nathaniel as he also stopped in his tracks and looked back at me. "That's because I saw everything. He said I needed to, so I could remind you about it." Tears started to form in my eyes as I quickly blinked them away, this was not the time to cry. We still hadn't gotten away from Sasha and we were out in the middle of the street. Quickly I shook my head and placed both my jacket and shirt back before taking a hold of Nathaniel's hand.
Well I was happy about one thing...Jeff was still around. But I wasn't sure if I should be completely happy or terrified. I just knew that somewhere deep inside I was truly happy that he hadn't left us...but hatred also built up, who gave him the right to fucking brand me? He was going to pay for that....Even if he ends up killing me.
As I was lost in thought, both Nathaniel and I made it to a small park. This was usually where he wanted to go and so I didn't really mind. I snapped out of my train of thoughts as my hand was let go. I watched as Nathaniel ran to the swing, he seemed to be pretty calmed about all of this...I wondered how he could be that calm. He seemed to be used to it, way more than me to be exact. Sighing, I followed right after him and took a seat on the swing right to his. We stayed there for a while. Just playing around and goofing off, trying to get my mind off the situation we were in at the moment.
Finally the time to leave came and we started to walk out, though something stopped me from leaving. Stopped not even a step out I heard a small noise. Raising an eyebrow I turned around and searched around the place for the source of said sound. But, I didn't find anything. Shrugging my shoulders I walked out of the park with Nathaniel. Though as I took a second step out of the place something caused me to trip. I fell with a 'thud' followed by a loud hissing sound. I sat up rubbing my elbows and knees before looking back. Noticing a small white cat...he seemed familiar. He looked almost the same as the one that I had left back home. There was no way that he could have made it this far. Not after I had told him specifically to stay.
Quickly the small cat walked over and curled up next to me, a soft purring sound emitting from him. My face dropped...'No way! This is...this is the cat from home?!' I stared wide-eyed at the cat. So did he follow me all the way out here? This was absurd! Nathaniel kneeled down and petted the cat, the purring raised in volume and I chuckled softly. Well I might as well take him home now that he went through all, of that trouble. Standing up, I picked up the small cat and resumed the walk back to Shawn's house.
Upon our arrival I walked in and let the cat wander around, Shawn was sitting on the couch looking through his camera. "We're home." I said as I closed the door, Nathaniel headed upstairs immediately. I walked over to Shawn and plopped down next to him. "Welcome home." He said, his eyes never leaving his camera. "So...whatcha doing?" I asked, "Just looking through a couple of the pictures I took today." I nodded, "I see. Well cool." I got up from the couch and headed to the kitchen getting another glass of orange juice before returning and sitting back down. I searched around the place but I couldn't find the cat, 'Guess he followed Nathaniel upstairs.' I thought before I gulped down all of the liquid in the glass. Placing the cup on the coffee table I looked at the camera Shawn was holding, some of the picture he had taken were really pretty though some just didn't even look like things. Shrugging I left him be.
I turned on the tv as I surfed through the channels. Seeing that nothing caught my attention I turned it off and started to poke Shawn, who didn't really seem to mind at all. 'Guess he must have forgotten about the marks on my neck, well good.' I thought to myself, mentally smiling as well. Not long after that we both heard a scream from upstairs. My eyes widened as I quickly got up and ran upstairs without giving it a second thought, Shawn close behind me. I hoped that nothing had happened and specially not to Nathaniel for the scream seemed to have been his. I quickly opened his door, tears pooled at the bottom of my eyes as I saw the sight in front of me. Tears started to run down the side of my face as I just couldn't look away.