Chapter 5

It has been about two months to be exact since I got out of the hospital, a couple of detectives came over by my house asking about the accident, I didn't tell them much though. Because most of it was a blurr and I just didn't want to remember in the first place. And well now, I was finally back integrated into what we so call society and well everything was back to normal. The stupid bitch of Dakota was being a drama bitch about everything. Not that I even payed attention to her at all, but what really got me pissed was that she said that I tried to attack her that night when...when Jeff almost killed me. And she started to tell everyone that she did that to me in self defense. Even officers went to the school and asked me a couple of questions about it.

They asked me if I lied about what had happened that night and I actually told them the truth, that I was attacked by a random person in the street. That I didn't attack Dakota at all and that she was just making all of that up. Well they believed me, they left me alone.

And now well lets just say that life has gotten better at home, though I continue to see Jeff a couple of times a day now. The injury he caused me has helped me a bit, I no longer do physical education because I don't really like it and well I do have a limp, but I could care less about that. Mother has been keeping her attention on me more often as well as Jennifer.

I now am lying down on my bed as I waited for Nathaniel to get ready to go to his soccer practice not to mention that father was out getting who knows what. "Hey, Nathan! You ready yet?!" I yelled down the hall, I waited for a couple of seconds and there was no answer. "Yo!" I yelled once again and still, no answer. Alright so by now I was started to get a little worried so I got up and walked out of my room. I headed down the hall towards his room as I tried to hear if he was even there.

"Nathaniel." I called out as I neared his room. I was sure that if Jeff had done something to Nathaniel I was going to go insane.

Standing in front of his door I took a soft deep breath and extended my arm out as I was about to knock I felt something sticky under my foot. Scrunching up my nose I pulled my arm back and looked down at my feet. My eyes quickly widened as I saw a crimson red liquid oozing out of his room. I quickly panicked before knocking like a maniac on his door. "Nathaniel! Hey, are you in there?! Are you okay?!" I was panicking like a fucking maniac. I didn't hear anything or get a response I just decided to quickly open the door though it was locked. 'Fuck! Why? No I have to get inside somehow.' I thought as I looked around.

Quickly without thinking I got ready to kick with my good leg. Hitting the door with my foot I made the hinges creak. 'Yes.' It was working, I continued to kick the door with all of the strength I had. Always making the hinges creak and buckle. Finally I hit it one last time making the whole door creak and down it went. Falling into his room I quickly walked in, panting softly as I looked around.

I didn't see him anywhere...tears threatened to fall from my eyes as I looked over at the window, it was opened. "Nathan..." I was ready to just breakdown and cry until, "(_Name_)! What...? What did you do to my door?" I quickly turned around to see Nathaniel standing there with a towel in his hand. I swallowed the lump that had been stuck in my throat and I blinked the tears away.

A small smile grew on my lips as I quickly gave him a big hug. "Why do you have a towel?" I asked him as I looked down at his hand. "Oh, well you see I sort of spilled fruit punch on the floor so I didn't want you to get mad at me so I locked my room and quickly headed downstairs to get a towel to clean it up before you saw it, but I'm guessing that that wasn't a good idea." He explained, I let out a small laugh before letting him go. "Well next time tell me or this will happen again." I pointed down at his door. He laughed a little and nodded. "I'll remember that."