A Million Yellow Stars

Theme songs:

Prologue: Bleached Canvas - Moonsong (Levi's Search Theme)
Grey Skies - In Light and Darkness (Levi's Reminiscence Theme)
Interlude: Empty White Dreams - Night Without A Star (Eren's Theme)
Deadly Black - Curse Upon The Living (Chapter Theme)
A Million Yellow Stars - Ode to The Fallen (Chapter Theme)

Oh yes... It's happening soon guys... It's happening..

BTW... I APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY.

Sorry for the previous non-chapter update. I truly am. But I reaaaally needed to let it out.

___________

The cure...

That's what Marco said.

The surface had the cure. Fucking selfish bastards, just kept it to themselves. It made his very core shake with anger. So in the end this is what their existence mean to those above? Disposable livestock--no, not livestock, they were the rats of humanity in those judging eyes. Being children of criminals that were sent down here years ago, they were immediately labeled as criminals too. And that's just not fucking fair.

It had been a while too since Marco revealed that and now Ren was sitting on Jean's/his bed(they take turns on the bed obviously.) with deep thoughts. In his arms he cradled a dozing toddler.

The thought of those people solipsistic people on the surface completely keeping the cure for themselves made him want to hurt something. People were dying down here too and they simply didn't care. Were their very existence so inferior that they didn't even deserve salvation?

Ren looked down at the sleeping child in his arms. A small life who had so much ahead of him. The mere idea of that future Armin had, it being taken away from him it horrified him. With very careful movements he ran the pads of his fingers on the boy's rosy cheeks. 'I will protect you.' Not just him. He will protect even the very people who stole and killed in this shit hole. He knew these people had no choice but to do what they can to survive, he understood that for he too also stole. What he can't understand is why the ones above, the previous criminals who ascended to the surface didn't show compassion to their fellow Underground dwellers, they of all people should understand how it was. Why just leave the rest of their own cooped up here while they bathed in their new-found power.

"People under the influence of a stronger being do bad things, Ren.."

Emerald eyes snapped towards the door. A dimly lit figure of a woman holding a burnt out candle came to view.

"Ma'..." He mumbled. "You're home early."

Faintly through the light of the dying candlelight, he saw her lips twitching upwards slightly. A smile that somehow made his heart clench. "I know, I wasn't feeling all that well."

No, he refused to jump into that conclusion. Anyone but her. Anyone.

"Ma'." He said quietly putting an actual effort not to let it sound like a cry even though the dim lighting clearly made his glassy eyes shine with obvious tears in them.

It was so clear.. If this continued on, they will be pushed into extinction here.

"Ren, dear.. Have you ever wondered.. Who your real parents are?"

How could she just play those cards on him right now?

"Have you ever wondered.. If you had a nice house up there?" She continued.

He knows all too well what she was trying to do, trying to completely make him go by giving him the choice he so badly wanted but could never take.