Grey Skies

Its happenin'!!!!!

I attached songs kay!

Theme songs:

Prologue: Bleached Canvas - Moonsong (Levi's Search Theme)
Grey Skies - In Light and Darkness (Levi's Reminiscence Theme)

______________

Eren.. Eren... Eren...

He felt the little ball of warmth slip away, slipping away right through his fingers. His body felt weightless, numb as he desperately tried to claw back the warmth that he failed to keep grip onto. The dull pain in his back and the whizzing of arrows from behind.

Bright emerald eyes stared into his, full of fear and filled with salty tears. Little hands reaching towards him but never able to grasp him. And his heart wrenching scream.

"Levi!!"

Eren..!

oOo

"Eren!" Steel eyes snapped open, his hand reaching for nothing, the dim light of the morning lit his tent. He let his hand fall back on his abdomen. His other hand reached behind to his scarred back, where an arrow had pierced through, too close to his heart for comfort. 'Another dream.. A nightmare in fact.' How many years has it been?

Half a year searching for his prince. The moment he opened his eyes and found himself in an unnamed village and despite being wounded fatally he set off in a frantic search for his lost emerald eyed charge, he did that as soon as he could walk a straight line; escaping the clinic that has confined him. The searing pain he felt burning his back was nothing compared to the void in his heart. Levi went everywhere, asked anyone and everyone. No one has seen or heard of a boy drifting into the riverbanks.

He still remembered the awful wakening.

oOo

Levi woke up sleeping on his belly, his back burned. He grunted as he tried to push himself up, trying to jog his memory on where he-

Eren!

His head turned left and right, the place appeared to be a clinic, that wasn't comforting considering all the other beds were empty. Where was his charge?

Levi felt his stomach churn, at the image of Eren getting hauled away by the strong water rapids. He wasn't able to reach him, he failed to catch him.

All those promises he told the prince, broken.

A middle aged woman entered the dim lit room with a water basin at hand. "Oh young man! You're awake-"

"Eren," Levi ground out, pushing his battered body up. The woman immediately tried to warn him that sitting up was not a wise choice. He ignored her, "Where's Eren!?"

"W-who?" The woman paled and stuttered.

"The boy- the little boy with me! Where is he!" He gripped the wooden headboard of the bed while he pushed his body off the stiff mattress. "Where is he!!"

"I d-don't know sir! Please lay back down!" She insisted concerned for the blood already seeping onto the bandages he wore, his back wound was quickly opening. "John! Honey, help! He's going to kill himself!"

Levi was so adamant to get out, it took two grown men to pin him back down in the bed, they had to sedate him to prevent him from causing more harm to himself.

oOo

He found out he drifted away quite far from the walls of the palace, he didn't leave the areas for half a year, scouring every nook and cranny in every village he could find to search for the lost prince.