Interlude: Empty White Dreams

Theme songs:

Prologue: Bleached Canvas - Moonsong (Levi's Search Theme)
Grey Skies - In Light and Darkness (Levi's Reminiscence Theme)
Interlude: Empty White Dreams - Night Without A Star (Eren's Theme)

Time to tell Eren's story!! ٩(๛ ˘ ³˘)۶♥

This chapter is fast paced and mostly tells how Eren was found and how he found his new family!

__________

"Ma'!! Help! There's something in the water!!" A young pubescent boy ran towards his mother, interrupting her as she washed clothes by the strong streams of water, she rolled her eyes at the outburst, it was probably just a floating lump of disposed clothing, sometimes clothes tend to float away if one isn't careful enough. The water slushing as he ran on the shallow, rocky parts of the flowing river, this place had more sunlight than all other parts of the place, here where an underground waterfall rested, and the little light peeked through the hole it gushed water from. "Ma' I think its a kid!!" That however caught Mrs. Kirstein off-guard, she immediately threw the halftone clothing over a boulder large enough to keep the clothes above water. She met Jean, her son half way, meeting him with a smack on the head. "Ow! What was that for!?"

"Why didn't you say so!? You idiot, you should've carried him!" She scolded, wagging a finger at her fifteen year old son, her other hand resting on a quirked hip. "Where is he?"

Jean huffed and retraced his steps, leading him to a floating lumber, on it was a small child was feebly hanging, his clothing was stained with moss and mud the fabric was torn and the exposed skin was grazed with many bruises and small gashes. The river had done a number on him.

"Oh my goodness! Jean help me! Let's get him out of here, poor thing!" She gasped, dragging her wet dress along and with all her might pushed away branches on her way. Jean followed, wincing at the sight of so many bruises.

With a heave, they managed to pull the boy out of the tangle of twigs, his face surprisingly wasn't too battered except for a small gash on his forehead bordering past his hairline it was swollen and lumped. No doubt from the strong currents and the rocky way down, there was a waterfall ahead and it was only logical to assume that the child drifted from above it. Whatever the child went through they could only assume the worst, that's how it worked.

That's how their world went, that's how it was in the Underground.

oOo

Jean didn't take long to guess that the kid came from a good family, the clothing he had, the type of fabric; material that felt soft to his fingers despite being ruined beyond repair. And there was that fancy thing he had tied around his neck, which was less damaged. The kid was probably kidnapped and fell victim to human trafficking,

Yet, that did not explain why he was drifting in the river.

'He probably escaped, lousily escaped..' Jean wordlessly put a wooden pail near the bed where the kid was currently placed in, his bed, and waited for his mother to return with the change of clothes. The clothes the boy wore were hung on a worn out chair backrest.

"Jean-bo, help me put these on him." His mother said as she made her appearance, in her hands she had a handful of Jean's old clothes that he most likely already outgrew. Jean felt somewhat conflicted with this, he felt almost envious of the kid, to make his mother fuss over him instead of her fussing over Jean, but he knew that was an irrelevant emotion and tried as much as he could to shrug it off. He couldn't put his finger why, he felt the slightest bit threatened by the kid but at the same time he immensely felt awful for the cruel state the boy was in.