Prologue: Bleached Canvas

My prince AU truly starts!

Sequel of "Colorful World"

_____________

The sun peeked through the pale green fabric of expensive silk curtains as a new dawn shone over the kingdom of Shiganshina. Faintly through closed glass doors the chirping of the birds that were perched atop the apple tree by the window, were getting louder as they stretched their wings for their morning flight. The room slowly lit up as the sun rose further up in the sky.

No other sound was heard in the room, none but the quaint approaching sound of footsteps from the hallway.

It wasn't long until two firm knocks assaulted the door and followed by a morning call, "Its time to wake up, my prince." A deep voice from the other side of the door called out before the door creaked open. "Its your big day." Then in came a pale raven-haired adolescent.

He gently closed the door with a sigh when the prince failed to respond. Like always.

"Eren," The raven called again to the prince, Eren, and made quick strides towards the queen-sized round bed that sat in the middle of the room, pillows everywhere, scattered about and blankets tangled around a little lump in the middle. "Get up."

Growing slowly annoyed with the lack of response with the lump of blankets on the bed he let out an irritated sigh through his nostril. Every fucking morning.

He gripped onto the cloth that blocked the little form's true embodiment and yanked it off. "Eren get up-" The sentence was cut short as he saw that the lump only hid more pillows. Peeved with the sight, the young man huffed and let his eyes dart around the room searching for his accursed little charge. "Dammit, Eren! Not again!" He hissed. "Whatever stunt you're about to pull, I suggest you stop it before you hurt yourself or I hurt you myself!" The raven was growing more vexed by the minute.

The young man tried to rely on his senses to pinpoint the exact location of the boy that he was solely devoted to; he didn't like this one bit. For his daily routine with the prince's unwavering streak of ticks and pranks and having to deal with every day of his stay in the palace, the male already knew to expect the worst to come next. Eren's previous little pranks started off cute and harmless, an example to that was that he once left a little mouse in one of the kitchen pots, in which did not end very well for the maids. But as Eren time passed along and as the boy grew older his little pranks started to get clever, and as to why that became so?

It's no mystery, really.

Eren loved the challenge to improve himself daily, being a young prince he's obliged to study the rules of warfare if in any case in the future he'd face such things in his reign. And so he improved and enriched himself but another reason as to why his little plotting growth propagated tenfold was not because of duty, but because of challenge. And that said challenge was none other than his bodyguard.

Because his bodyguard is one of the most capable people around the kingdom, the one who always sees through his pranks just as he was about to commit it, one who predicts the outcomes when he did manage to already commit it, and one who keeps him at bay.

Levi Ackerman, was the name of this young man. He is the top of his graduating batch of the Training Corps. He's always done his job if not flawlessly, then impeccably. The young soldier had made a name for himself, even without the help of his distinguished family name. Already, the name 'Levi' already gave opposing characters shivers; everyone knew fear when they clash blades with him. He's one of the reasons as to why nobody had even dared to lay their fingers on his charge, whom is the prince.

All but one feared his skills, if not fearing him the populace are wary of the things he could be capable of doing. Only fools knew to underestimate him, only idiots, morons, and nitwits.