"What's so funny?" Luke asked.

"It's just that," he took a breath a contained his laughter, "when we were at that hospital, I've never seen a girl look at someone the way Carter looks at you. When she got mad at you it was obviously because she didn't want you to worry about her and she wanted you to be happy and not sad because of her. She didn't want you there because she knew that your "job" is important and she didn't want to cause any issues."

Michael took a quick pause then continued. "And Ender...you're like the dad/brother he doesn't have. That kid looks up to you and loves you like you're his family and I shouldn't tell you this but I am, but when we were at the hospital and I took Ender to go get a snack he told me that he was happy you were there because that meant his family was there and Carter wouldn't be alone anymore. You're that kids family and Carters family and you're about to destroy their lives all because you weren't man enough to tell them in the first place."

He was pissed now and I felt worse than I did before he started talking.

"It's not just Carter you have to tell this to, it's Ender."Michael added and my entire being sunk lower than it had ever been.

To say that statement hadn't come to my mind would be a lie. I had just ignored it because it made me sick to think about it.

Ender looked up to me, what was he going to think when he found out I had been lying to him and his sister for months about who I was.

Michael was completely right and I hated it.

I needed a break from the intervention, I had to get out of this room and go think somewhere else.

Standing up from my chair I began to walk towards the door of the hotel conference room we were in.

"Where are you going?" Luke asked.

"My room. I need to think." I replied.

"Just answer one thing before you go." Michael called out to me and I turned around, stopping to listen.

"Do you think that Carter wouldn't feel the same way about you like she does now if you had told her in the first place?"  He asked softly.

"I don't know." I slumped my shoulders, turning around and moping dejectedly away.

I made my way back to my shared hotel room with Calum and threw myself onto the bed.

This was a mess.

Not being able to lay there I began to pace around the room, occasionally going to the window and looking outside to see the crowd of girls standing outside the entrance to our building.

This would be the life I would be subjecting Carter to if I told her the truth.

The fans following us around, constantly asking her for pictures and trying to capture private moments between us.

Media writing things about her that would either make her smile or make her cry.

Fans saying rude things about her on social media because they were petty and jealous.

Constant traveling, plane rides, bus trips.

Paparazzi taking pictures of her and Ender living their everyday lives and trying to get reactions from them about rumours and lies that would undoubtedly be spread by jealous people.

Could I really do that to her?

The sound of my phone ringing behind me ripped me from my thoughts and I went to answer it.

Of course it was Carter.

She had sent me two texts.

'I don't believe this.' The message read and underneath it was a photo that made my world stop turning.

--

This one was short too but I needed a couple of filler chapters to get to the good stuff (; haha

So I know I said I'd have these up soon and I'm sorry about the wait!

I'll try my best to get the next one up by the end of this week.

Also I was thinking about having a place for you guys to ask any questions you had about the story or about the characters, so if you do you can ask those here!

As always, vote and comment if you'd like and I'll see you guys in the next part of our story (:

much love everyone xx -M