In Disrepair

Chapter Twenty Six

Millies POV

Its.. its Ellie.

I chased after her quickly, not wanting to lose her trace. I held onto Liams jacket tightly, not wanting to let go of it. I was probably ruining the material. I followed Ell carefully, trying to keep up with her. I ran silently but i began to slow down as my Asthma kicked in. I breathed heavily, gasping for breath. I had to walk as fast as i could manage, still trying to keep with him.

I followed her around a bend onto the main road. I skipped as fast as i possibly can but failed miserably. I stopped and doubled over, clinging onto my thighs, gasping for air. I felt like i was an astronaut who'd taken there helmet off in space and there head was about to explode.

I followed Ellie round another corner. I felt bad. I felt like a stalker. I didnt even know why i was following her. I didnt want to talk to her. What would i say to her? I have nothing to say to her. I took a sharp left, walking quickly. But as i turned around, Ell's figure had gone. My lips parted and i stood confused. Where had she gone? Another figure came into view in the distance. Liam.

"Liam.." I said loudly, hoping to catch his attention. He spun around and faced me, his hands in his pockets. He looked kinda angry and upset. I tried to speak but couldnt so i held up a finger and took another deep breath. I stood up straight and waddled over to him. "Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeh why?" He said, trying to be casual.

"Because you seem pretty upset."

"I'm fine."

"No your not."

Liam sighed.

"Whats the matter Li?" I asked, grabbing hold of his hand.

"This is gonna be really crazy and weird and i dont know how to say this and you'll probably go mad at me and freak out but Millie.." Liam spoke quickly.

"Your gay?" I joked, mimicking what Josh had said to me earlier. Wrong choice Millie. He just tutted and rolled his eyes and began walking again, his hand slipping from my grasp. "Li.." I began, walking after him. I caught my hand in his again and he stopped. I yanked on his arm roughly and he spun around to face me. I held onto his other hand and looked at him.

"I think i.. i think i love you." He told me. My mouth parted slightly and i didnt know what to say or how to react. I just froze. And i started to laugh. And i laughed a lot. What? Eurgh. He cant love me. He's just a friend. But is he? As soon as he said it.. eurgh, i dont know. Something panged in my heart and i dont know if this is what i'd been looking for. But then i realised it was probably just my Asthma settling in.

"I'm glad you find it funny." He sighed and turned to walk away.

"Li.." I began.

"Its okay, i know. You have a boyfriend. You dont love me back and you never will. I get it, okay? I just thought you needed to know."

"Lia-" I was cut off again.

"Millie, its fine. Dont worry."

"But Li.."

"Yes, i've probably ruined our friendship. Yes you dont love me back. I get it!" He babbled.

"LIAM!" I snapped. He opened his mouth ready to speak but i slapped my hand over his mouth. "Liam.." I sighed. "I love you to.

"But you have a boyfri-" He began.

"Liam. I dont. Do you think i'm insane? Why would i have a boyfriend? I just needed a cover.. so they would stop. I could see you felt awkward about it and i did to. So i figured if i said something they would stop and they wouldnt have to make any more amends. I dont need enemies and i certainly didnt say what i said to hurt you. And i knew if i said what i said, they'd leave me alone and we wouldnt need the conversation again. But you left before i could say anything. And i wondered why you had left. And i didnt know what to think." I babbled on.

I was suddenly stopped. My hand fell from Liams mouth and the next thing i knew, my mouth was attached to it instead. I felt slightly awkward. I wasnt ready for it. I didnt know how to feel. He wasnt giving me enough time. I Was i mad? Sorta. I dont think he should do that. Invading a womans space isnt right. I didnt know what to do so i stood there fridgidly. I need to breath but i really couldnt. I pulled away sharply.

"EW EW EW EW EW!" I shouted. He jumped back scared. I was appalled. "You cant just kiss me!? Why would you kiss me? You cant kiss me. Your just a friend. Nothing more than a friend. Stop doing this to me Li. I cant cope with it. Its hard, yannoe. I dont want to break your heart but i cant help it because if i dont break your heart, i cant mend my own. I dont know how to put it Liam. I dont know how to feel. Its hard." I spat out. Okay, so i didnt think this one through. I tell him i love him and then friend zone him. Good going Mil. Me and Liam stared at each other for a moment. Both of us unable to talk. I groaned suddenly and whacked my hand against my face.

Li took a step forward towards me and grabbed one of my hands, pulling me closer towards him. I didnt know how to react. Aaaahhhhhhhh. "Millie.." Liam started but he was unable to say anything. Not because he was lost for words but because there was a crashing sound behind us. It scared me and i jumped back swiftly, scared. I looked at the house behind us. Glass and debris started flying towards us. I raised a hand infront of my face to block any objects hurting me. A chunk of glass came slamming towards me and landed at my feet. What was happening? Rubble slammed down and dust flew around. I was confused. I didnt know what to think. I began to panic. The electric was suddenly cut off and the whole street was left in darkness. I suddenly realised how dark it was and i calculated what had happen. The house in front of me was turning to rubble quickly. A few structures of the house stood still but others hurtled down. Debris was falling and the building didnt look to good. By now, the house was in disrepair. It was coming to a state of a ruin. People began coming out onto the street and crowded around the house i stood in front of. I watched the house fall down and down, debris flying around everywhere. A piece of stone hurtled towards me. I froze in my spot. Liam wrapped his hands around me and yanked me away from that spot and held onto my tight. I buried my head in his neck. Tears filled me eyes but i dont know why. The house was becoming severely damaged. I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself down. But i struggled so much. And just as i thought things couldnt get any worse, a blazing fire roared out and flames shot up off this house. The smoking wreckage is a ruined home. My eyes stung with tears and i had to blink dust out of my eyes. My ears hurt from the noise. Loud and panicked voices overpowered the falling house. Liams face suddenly turned pale.

"SHIT!" He shouted. He pulled away from me and began running towards the wreckage of the house on fire.

"LIAM!" I shouted, scared. Tears rolled down my face. I gasped for breath but all i breathed in was smoke and dust, making me wretch and cough and splutter. The house was still collapsing down and that worried me even more. People stood around not knowing what to do. Many picked up there phones and dialled for an ambulance, police and a fire service.

More footsteps were heard running along the pavement. My heart thudded in time with them.

"MILLIE!" Someone shouted. I didnt spin around i stood still on the spot. A pair of hands wrapped around from the back of me and began to hoist my backwards. My feet scrapped along the floor.

"NO!" I shouted back. I screamed and kicked but it was no use. The person had a tight grip of me. I tried to get a look at the figure and realised it was Nathan. "NATHAN LET GO OF ME! LIAM.. HE'S IN THERE!"

"WHAT?" Nathan shouted back his face pale.

"I have to go! Let me go!" I shouted. I kicked and wiggled in his grip but he would let go. I just watched the blazing fire roaring more and more. I was scared. Tears streamed down my face. I still held onto Liams jacket tightly. I was prayed silently and began to run forward but Nathan still had a grip on me. I forced myself forward and i heard a ripping noise. My phones fell onto the floor and the glass smashed. Nathan was distracted by the noise so i took my chance while i had it. I dropped my newly ripped bag onto the floor and charged forward, pushing through the newly formed crowd. I ran rapidly towards the wreckage of the house.

"MILLIE!" I heard Nathan shout once again. I could hear his feet close behind me but there was nothing he could do. I stormed through the gate of the house and ran towards the structure that was still standing.