Everythings Okay In The End

Chapter Twenty Two

28th Of August 2016

I hawled my luggage through the airport, my boots clicking along the tiles, echoing through. The wheels on my suitcase scraped across the floor as i made my way across the airport towards the door. I passed through security and scanned my pass which happily admitted me through. As i walked towards the doors, a slight breeze passed through and i shivered, not use to the cold air. Australia was so warm and even on a rainy day, there was still the hot air lingering. I suppose the coldness was Englands way of saying hello.

The automatic doors slid open as i stepped in front of them and the cold suddenly hit me. I wasnt ready for this. I stepped outside, into the cold and i shivered.

Hello England.

Rain started to hit my face and i sighed. When i checked the forcast for England, it said sunny. So i'd come prepared with shorts and suncream. This was gonna take some getting used to. I just hope its sunny tomorrow for the wedding. I was beginning to get really wet (Thats what she said) and i clutched onto my suitcase, stepping forward. A cab pulled up in front of me and i took my chance to get into it. I dived across the pavement, pulled the door open and jumped inside, spraying the taxi driver with water. I pulled my bags inside and shut the door behind me.

"Hey." I smiled brightly.

"Hello. So where are you off to today then ma'am?" The taxi driver asked.

"London." I told him." Please." I quickly added on. He nodded and started the engine up, pulling out onto the road. "Havent i saw you before, ma'am?" The driver spoke up.

"Urm." I was kinda taken a back in surprise. "I dont think so." I shook my head.

"I'm sure i 'ave." The taxi driver nodded, his eyes fixed on the road. He shot a quick glance at me before looking straight on again.

"I've been in Australia for the last 3 years." I told him.

"Oh."

"Yeh."

"But i remember a gal exactly like you. I gave her a lift to the train station this one time. I remember her being upset. Lost almost." The driver told me. I stayed silent.

"We're here." He suddenly spoke up.

"Wha-?" I spoke up, sitting up. He was right. I was in London.

"You fell asleep on the way." He told me. I checked the time on the dashboard and three hours had flown by. I looked up shocked. Sleep must of took me by suprise. I thrusted some money at the taxi driver and grabbed my luggage, double checking i had my phone in my pocket. I opened the door and flew out, slamming the door behind me. I waved at the taxi driver through the blacked out window.

"BYE TAXI DRIVER, THANK YOU TAXI DRIVER!" I shouted, smiling. I skipped off up the road, baring to the left. I stopped suddenly. Wrong way. Bare to the right. I turned around and hauled my luggage behind me. The wheels caught in the tiles and i had to keep jerking it along the pavement. I took massive strides and had my own little game of 'dont step on the cracks'. I suddenly came to a wall and i looked to my left and my right, unsure of where i was to go next. The area to my left looked more comforting and i had a small Deju Vu moment, which made me feel like i should go that way. I turned towards the left and round a corner and then i recognised where i was. I smiled brightly and ran up the road quickly, picking up my luggage and running through the estate.

Number 23. Victoria Estate. My brothers house. I noticed his car on the drive and i smiled even harder. He had the same car he had before i left. I ran up the drive and banged on the wood door, my hand throbbing as i hit it with force. I rang the doorbell over and over. Please Nathan. Answer the freaking door. Please be you. I pounded on the door over and over again, waiting for a response. I began kicking it with my foot and sighed deeply. I kicked it once more. "For fuck sake." I heard someone curse. My head lifted up and i my lips parted slightly. The door opened slowly and a young boy stood there. He wiped sleep from his eye and blinked a few times, wiped his nose and looked up at me. "Millie?" He asked cautiously and slowly.