Chapter 11

Dylan's POV

I was laying out by my pool, with my little sister and we were soaking up some sunlight. My little sister, Lizzy had just turned 5 and I loved her to the moon and back. Our mother died when she was 1, so she really doesn't remember what happened. Our father had went into war and never came back. Mom wouldn't tell us where he was or when he was coming back, so I just tell Lizzy, "He'll be back soon." We were just laying on our lawn chairs, when Lizzy walked over to me. "Big brother?" I took off my sunglasses and looked at her. "What's the matter, Lizzy?" She looked down at her feet and began blushing. "Ummm...I was wondering if...we can maybe...?" I sat up, laughing at her. "What's the matter, Lizzy. You're never this nervous to talk to me." She look up at me and smiled. "Is it okay if we go get some ice cream today? Please, I know that I'm not supposed to eat sweets until after my cheerleading competition, but please Blake?" As always, when she wanted something, she gave me her "pouty, cute girl face". "Sometimes I hate when she gives me that fucking face. I really don't see the fucking point, when she knows, I'll still give her whatever the hell she wants," I thought to myself. I petted her head, "Yeah we can go get some ice cream. But you can only get one scoop and one topping. Not a lot of sugar, do you understand?" She smiled at me with extreme joy. "Okay...senpai." Now I know that I can be an anti-social, act like I don't really give a fuck about the world, but I teach my little sister Japanese, Spanish, and French.

I only reason I acted like that, was because mom and dad were always fighting and dad left the house a lot. I normally spent more time with my friend instead of my own parents. After my friend moved, I was always with my parents. They continued fighting, arguing, and nonstop cussing. I felt like I was hosting Jerry Springer. I basically raised myself, until my dad told me that he was leaving for war. "Son? I know you're only 10, but I need you to be the man of the house. Don't let nobody hurt your momma, okay? I promise that I'll be home soon. I won't leave you and your momma alone, for too long." He shook my hair around, making it messier than before. He got up from his knee and walked over to mom. "Sasha? Look, I hate to admit this, but you were right about me. I never saw how much you actually did for me. The day I married you, was the day that I realized that I'm the luckiest man in the world. You took care of our child and hope that I'll come back to see that day that Lizzy is born. I want to also say I'm sorry and I love you." I never thought that I would see the day that mom and dad put aside their differences and show their love for each other. Mom began crying and so did dad. I ran over to the both of them and began crying myself. We took a family picture before he left and that was the day that I finally started to open up to people and the last time I saw my dad.

Lizzy go into the house and change our clothes. I had on a white tank top, with my camo shorts, my black Vans, and my camo snapback. Lizzy was so adorable in her Frozen t-shirt, black jeans, and her blue and white Jordans. "So," she asked me, twirling around in circles.I looked at her smiling, "So, what?" She ran up to me and jumped in my arms. "So, how do you like my outfit? In' it pretty?" I laughed at her and carried her down the stairs. "I think your outfit is the most adorable that you have." She smiled and blushed, as began to put her down on the floor. "So are you ready to go get that ice cream?" "YEAH!!!!!!!!!" she said, squealing with the joy of getting a dessert. I grabbed my car keys and we headed out the door. "Can I ride the front seat today, senpai? Please? I've been doing so good with all of my chores, finishing my homework, and eating my vegetables. Please?" "Hmmmmm. Let me think about that, while I put you in your car seat." "Okay," she said, as she realized 5 seconds later what I said. "Hey, no fair." I picked her up, locked her in her car seat, and sat in the front seat. "Well, since you have been a good...no, an amazing girl, I'll listen to whatever songs you want." I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw her face light up. "Really?!?! Okay, I want to listen to Let It Go." I smiled, "Alright." I took out my IPhone and went to my playlist and played her song.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen

A kingdom of isolation,

and it looks like I'm the Queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside"

Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well, now they know!

Let it go! Let it go!

Can't hold it back anymore!

Let it go! Let it go!

Turn away and slam the door!

I don't care what they're going to say!

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

As we drove off towards Out Of This World Ice Cream, there was this car that came outta no where, AND HIT US!! The car began flipping over and we were suddenly stopped by a telephone pole. My head began bleeding, arm fractured, and body aching. "L-Lily? Lily, are you okay?" I turned around in my seat, when I saw that she was unconscious. I quickly got out of the car and helped her out. "Lily, I need you to stay with me. Please. I can't lose you. You're the only one I have left! Please, DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" The car that hit us, came running in our direction. The woman looked at me, crying. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I was busy trying to get to work. This was my last warning. I was going to be fired if I showed up late again. I'm so sorry. I already called 911, they said that they were on their way." I looked up at the woman, in tears. "Do you really fucking think that a sorry is going to help my sister? Bitch, I will never forgive you, for what you've done. You're going to fucking pay for all of this goddamn damage." I picked Lily up into my arms and began walking out of the ditch. "Oh and by the way, I hope they fired you from your fucking job." The ambulance arrived, shortly after 15 minutes. "Take my sister first," I said, handing her over to the doctor. "I'll be fine. Just make sure that she'll be fine." The police, the doctors, and the driver began asking me questions and I answered them. The last thing that remembered, was telling my sister, "I promise that you'll be okay. I won't let anything happen to you." I rubbed her head and saw a smile grow on her face. "S-senpai," she said whispering. Then the ambulance drove off and then everything...else...went...black.