Chapter 12: The Princess

Rebecca's (Tenkai's) POV

Like every little princess, she gets her happy ending. Well, I'm a different kind of princess. My name, in the United States is Rebecca Clark...but my name in Japan was Tenkai Masamune. I used to live in Tokyo, Japan, as the daughter of the great samurai, Date Masamune. My father was a regional strongman of Japan's Azuchi-Momoyama clan. Heir to a long line of powerful daimyo in the Tōhoku region, he went on to found the modern-day city of Sendai. I just so happened to be the only girl that was born into a family of 8 childern. Since I was the only girl in the family, I was often protected by my brothers. But one day, our father went into war and was stabbed to death by Takenaka Shigeharu. He initially served the Mino province, but later plotted an uprising and took over the Azuchi-Momoyama clan's castle at Mount Inoba . He then directed the defense against the forces of during the Siege of Inabayama Castle. Toyotomi Hideyoshi was so impressed by him that he invited Shigeharu to join his forces as a strategist. Shigeharu made many contributions to Hideyoshi with his exceptional talent in that field. He died of illness during Hideyoshi's attack against the Mōri in the Chūgoku region of Japan, while was being surrounded. After the death of my father, my brothers began to teach me how protect myself, by learning to fight with a sword, kunai, and a bow staff. It took me at least 2-3 years to master each weapon. At the age of 15, I began to study the teachings of becoming a ninja. My training had become more vigorous than before. I had done some secret training with an old mountain monk, who raised my father and taught him how to become a samurai. By 19 years old, I was assassinating some very terrible people. 

My main goal is to assassinate the entire Itotaki clan. This was the clan that killed my teachers, my friends, and most importantly, my father. With all of this rage that flowed through my body, I became the most feared girl in my whole clan. Many of the boys would challenge me to duels, tournaments, and strategical battles. Of course, I would win all of my fights and I was just watching as my opponents, trembled before my very feet. It made me smile. I went back up to the mountain, to get more training from Master Dosho. "Master Dosho? I was wondering if you could teach m--" I dropped my sword and ran towards him. "Master Dosho! How did this happen? Who did this to you?" I watched him as he struggled to tell me what happened. "It was the Itotaki clan. They're coming back for their revenge. Please, Tenkai, you need *wheeze* to be careful. Take your mother's sword and her outfit. Become the greatest ninja in our clan...just like your...mother." I cried into his chest, however these were not just tears of sadness...they were tears of anger. I gave my master a proper burial and began my new ninja mission. I left at the break of dawn, so I could be there by midnight. 

"They must have already been expecting my arrival. There are guards on every corner of the temple. Even the slightest move I make, will determine my victory or my downfall." I threw my ninja stars and killed the first 5 guards. I ran across the top of the building, and sat on a pole. "I need to make these deaths, quick and brutal. Maybe if I use my star bombs, then, that should work. But I need enough time and one main ingredient, to make them. Now, where can I find white-hat mushrooms?" I looked towards a small market shop, that sold them, like fresh watermelons. I walked toward the shop, trying not to cause attention to myself. I dropped down from a string like a spider and stole some mushrooms. "Hey! Where did my white-hat mushrooms go," the man said. "Thanks for the food," I said as I smiled and got off the roof. The man looked up and just stared. "I really need to create a better a communication with my counselor." I mixed all of the ingredients together and placed all of the bombs in place. "Now, all I have to do is tie the string to the bombs, pull them all at the right moment and watch this stupid, ungrateful, irrelevant town BLOW TO FUCKING SMITHEREENS!! I tied the strings and sat on the highest peak of the temple. I see the bombs are beginning to light up. "Yes, the bombs are beginning to mix in the chemicals." I pull the strings and watch as the village blows up.  "Wait a minute. Why did only two bombs go off? I thought that I made three." As soon as I dropped down to the ground, I did a back-flip in the air. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the lonely princess, Tenkai." "You must be Lord Shigeharu's son, Rondoku. You need to stay out of my way. You have no business, butting in on why I'm here." He laughed, as if I said something funny. "I know what you're really here for and I don't plan on LETTING YOU GET WANT YOU WANT!!!" 

He pulled out his sword and charged at me. I too, pulled out my sword and prepared myself for battle. Our swords began to spark as they clashed with each other. "Just give up now, princess. Or you're going to face the same fate as your father." After hearing those words, my defense had weakened and began to take in cuts and hits. "Dammit, if I keep this up then I'll definitely see my parents in Heaven." I got back up on my feet and was stabbed in the arm, by one sword and the other was at my throat. "Are there any final words, the princess has to say? If not, I'll make this quick and painless." I began to cry because I knew that this was the end, until something hit me. "How did my father die, in the first place?" Rondoku had a confused look, but then later on, smiled. "My dad, had yours laying on the ground begging for his fucking life and mercy. My father looked at him in disgust and ended your stupid fucking father's life. The blood of your father dripped down from my father's sword. Now, is there anything else you would like to say before I end your life, just like my father did to yours?" I smiled and laughed. "What's so funny? You must enjoy the pain, don't you?" I looked up at him, "Maybe, you should think about the words you say." I took out a sun bomb and pulled the trigger. "Now, you have only 10 seconds to leave this temple before you blow up. My clone puffs up into smoke. "What the hell?!?! It was a shadow clone?!?!" The bomb began to light up and I saw at a distance the temple explode. "Don't worry father, I won't let your legacy die." I left the temple and went on to finish my father's legacy.