"Uhm, yeah, sure, I'm not doing anything." I cleared my throat.

        "Okay, I'm coming up." He said. And before I could say anything else, he hang up, not giving me the time to ask if he knew my apartment number or how far along he was, so that I could at least fix the mess that I was before he arrived and saw me this way; not that it truly mattered, but still.

           I dropped the phone next to me on the bed and lay back down for just a few seconds while I waited for him to come up, which didn't take long at all. And for the hundredth time, it all left me wondering how much information about me and my life had he really gotten out of all the research.

         He was so adamant to let me know he dug around in my life, and my background. I understood why.

        We hadn't talked about what he had found out about me and I was perfectly fine with it. Because I knew that if it had been something too big, he would have mentioned it one way or another.

          I let out a big relaxing breath and closed my eyes for a second to get my body and my mind working at the same time. I didn't have to look in the mirror to already know what I looked liked and I knew it wasn't pretty.

        With curly hair going in every direction on my head and bags under my eyes, thanks to the very many sleepless nights and horrible nightmares that I have to fight through on an everyday basis.

           So, I was looking horrible and feeling just about the same. That's what happened when it felt like you were dying in a dream and you couldn't get away. And you were watching someone take away part of you but you couldn't possibly do anything to stop what was happening to you. Even though deep down, you knew it would end up horribly, in the worst painful way possible.

           It was as if you were watching a movie, and that movie was your life, and unfortunately it had already been made and you knew how heartbreaking the ending was, but you couldn't possibly fight it. So you kept watching it, over and over and over again.
_____________

        The knock coming from outside was my cue to get up, open the door and let the man in. "Hey," I greeted him at the door. He stood there for a moment, his eyes studying me for what felt like  an eternity.

       I held a breath.

       The man looked intimidating without even trying. His being alone had an intimidating factor.

        When he was finally done with his assessment, he handed me a paper bag that smelled wonderfully like it had food in it. My belly growled at the thought of being filled with anything other than tea.

           "What happened to you?" He asked, simply pushing himself inside my apartment without even asking; and went to straight to the kitchen, opening the exact cabinets for plates and forks.

         I watched with every passing second and wondered what I was actually witnessing. First thing first. How the heck did he know where things went in my kitchen? As far as I knew, he had never been in my apartment.

            Or had he?

           "Horrible night yesterday." I grumbled but  didn't think he heard me.

          I crossed my arms and bit my lips, trying to rack my brain to figure out if I had ever invited him over. Humh, I didn't think so. I kept my eyes glued on him as he took off his jacket and then started setting up my tiny dining table. I squinted my eyes and thought hard. He seemed simply too comfortable with me.