Chapter Fourteen (Ky)

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, he stops talking.

He's what?

What?  What is something that he would want to hide from me so much...

Normally, if someone gives me an incomplete sentence, several possibilities pop into my mind.  Somehow, this is different... What else is there to know about his past, there's not much in there...

Or maybe there is...

Maybe there's something that he just doesn't want me to know about.

I should just give him a break.

I know more about my past than he knows about mine.

I think.

Jacob doesn't stalk each victim, right?  He's too mature for that.

"Let's just say that they won't let me because they think that I'm a young, foolish boy who has no idea what the hell is going on and needs assistance for everything that he does, okay?"

His mood change just went from sad to infuriated.  His fists clench then release themselves.

"Well," I say, trying to calm him down a little, "they seem like quite the people... Right?"

"I guess so..." He mumbles, setting his palms, which are still in tight balls, against the walls.  "You should go and help my mom.  You know, before she gets suspicious..."

"I'm on 'my special week' remember."

His face remains dead serious, "do you really want to help me set up a bed?"  I stare at him a little, then notice a small twitch of a smile.

"Yes.  Do you want me to ruin your mom's kitchen or help you?"

I notice Jacob flinch, and I have no idea why.

'Do you want me to ruin your mom's kitchen or help you?'

There's literally nothing horrible that I said, I guess he's just sensitive.

Jacob pushes himself off the wall, then leaves.

I'm guessing that I should wait for him inside the bedroom.

I walk down the hallway, then set myself on top of the mattress.  Jacob's phone is still set there.

I have no idea what exactly went through my head when I picked it up.  And pressed the home button.

I also don't know why I jumped back when I saw the lock screen blink to life.  Or when I decided to try to unlock it.

Of course, there's a password requirement.

I set it down.

Soon after, Jacob walks in, a large pile of blankets unsettled in his arms.  He comes toward me, the sheets looming over me.

"Here they are..." He struggles, then sets them on top of me.

A couple seconds later, I hear him speak.  "Ky?" He says, sounding confused.  "Oh, shit."

He lifts the blankets off of me.

"Seriously?" I say.  He chuckles.

"Fine, fine, laugh all you want... I'll show you what it feels like to be towered over by blankets, how do you like that?"

"I think that would be fun..."

"How?"

"Because blankets are soft, Ky.  They won't hurt us.  I promise."