Chapter 18: 6 out of 26

Comenzar desde el principio

“Is this supposed to be saying something?” She asked with a smirk. I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

“You guys were rushing me so I just grabbed any shirt. Do you want me to go change?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, let’s go. Adrian’s already throwing a fit.” She raised my awareness while grabbing my forearm and yanking me outside.

“Finally!” Adrian announced as Jessie and I escaped out of the door. Trent smirked when he read my shirt and Adrian furrowed his eyebrows as he squinted.

“Are you trying to tell me something?” He asked, raising a teasing eyebrow. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

“But boy, don’t I know?” He muttered walking me to my door. He opened the passenger’s seat door and closed it before walking to the driver’s side and getting in. Trent and Jessie were already in Trent’s car, for whatever reason. Why weren’t we sharing a car?

“Please, you aren’t even a bad boy.” I snorted, rolling my eyes as I rolled up my sleeves. I should’ve checked the weather before I chose my clothes. He let out a bark of laughter, following Trent’s car.

“I so am a bad boy.” He laughed, rolling down his window. I mirrored his action.

“You are not. Just because you vandalize property doesn’t make you a bad boy.” I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

“I am a bad boy! I drink, vandalize,” He began and I turned on the radio. His eyes lit up. “And in the words of Rita Ora, I party and-.” He started singing but I cut off the radio.

“That’s enough radio for one day!” I announced, laughing loudly. He shook his head with a childish smile on his face.

 “So, what are we getting?” He asked me and I shrugged.

“Jessie has the list, but knowing her- she’s probably going to start ripping it into 4 so we’ll get it done quicker.” I snorted. Every time my Aunt would send Jessie and me on a food shopping trip, she’d rip it in half- calling me if she had any questions. Unless we’re shopping for clothes, she doesn’t waste time.

“I have an idea. Can you do me a favor?” He asked me and I raised an eyebrow. “All you have to do is text Trent whatever I say.” He sighed, rolling his eye and I shrugged.

“Get my phone out of my pocket,” He told me, driving down the highway towards Wal-Mart. I snorted, shaking my head. “Fine.” He smirked, taking one hand off of the wheel and digging in his pocket before handing me his phone.

“You have a code.” I stated, holding up the phone in my hands. He weighed his options before telling me the code. It was Mattie’s birthday. No surprise there. That sarcasm was intended.

“Tell him; Tell Jessie to cut the list into two,” He instructed me and I quickly typed it before giving him a flat look. “What?” He asked me.

“I could have done that! On my phone!” I exclaimed, holding my phone up. He snorted, shaking his head.

“That wouldn’t have been any phone, now. Would it?” He replied, smirking as he squinted forward, struggling to see Trent who was a good 10 meters away.

When we arrived at Wal-Mart, a shopping center, we got out of the car and met up at the place where you receive a carriage. Jessie held up the two ends of the list, somewhat confused.

“I’ll take one.” Adrian announced, snatching half of the list from Jessie. She glared at his rude behavior. I started to walk towards Jessie, expecting it to be girls and then guys but Adrian had another thought in his head.