30

I hovered over to the abandoned newsagents, finding Luke sat with his legs over the edge as I made my way up to the roof. He kept placing his phone to his ear, waiting only seconds until he would call my number again. "Please don't hate me" He whispered to the ringing tone on the other end of the call. I knelt down at his side and watched tears fall down his face, it was the first time I had ever seen Luke Hemmings cry. I slowly placed my hand on his shoulder, but he didn't flinch. Why would he? He had no idea I was there. "I always want to know you... Luke Hemmings the biggest mystery of my life. Maybe that's why I never fully trusted you because you were such a mystery... Or maybe why you chose me was the mystery. I never deserved you and I think I've made that pretty clear now. I never deserved your attention and yet that's the only thing I hardly gave you. 

I think I feared you cheating on me because you could do so much better...And I feared you leaving me because that's what my parents did." 

Luke wiped under his eyes with his sleeve covering his hand. "I love you, and I'm sorry I didn't show you in time." I was about to stand when Luke spoke. 

"Codie Hemmings..." He bit down on his lip with a slight smirk as he shook his head. "The answer to my life." His head turned to face me, his eyes in line with mine. "You can see me?"

"I may not be able to see your beautiful face again, but I'll always be able to hear you, I've always listened to you." His hand moved on top of mine which was resting on the roof. After a few seconds he stoopd up and backed away with a faint smile. He waved before turning round to leave. "Luke!" I called as I stood up. He stopped with a bigger smile as if he already knew what I was going to say. "If you ever need me," I said. "This is where you'll find me."