10

I soon discovered that Luke had two older brothers, but it was just himself and his mum who lived at home. His mum was a maths teacher which kind of explained why Luke was so clever, which his mum was really proud of. When asked about my family I was hesitant at first but then I was unable to stop the words sipping off the tip of my tongue. I told stories of how my parents took me to Venice Beach when I was younger and how I got my first car when I was 16. I told them I was an only child and my parents treated me too well. Once the conversation ended I swallowed down my glass of water. "I'd love to go to Venice Beach!" Luke's mum sighed as we started to tidy the table. "I'll take you one day mum! When 5 Seconds of Summer are headlining their own tour in America, we can spend a day on Venice Beach!" Luke's mum held the side of his face and smiled. "Wash the dishes please!" "Charm clearly gets you nowhere these days!" He sighed as he piled the dishes into the sink as his mum left the room. I watched from the side as Luke poured almost 1/4 of the washing liquid intot he sink. I wandered over and watched the mountain of bubbles become level with the window sill. "Uhm, I don't think you need that much!" I said. "I do!" He said as he turned the tap off. "But there's only like five dishes in there!" "Who said it was for washing the dishes?" And as he said that he cupped a handful of bubbles and placed it on the top of my head. I wandered over to the oven to see my reflection. "It suits me, might have to wear it as an accessory more often!" I laughed. Luke was about to start washing when I said, "Wait!" and went back to the sink. With bubbles in one hand, I held the tip of Luke's chin so he was facing me. Then I dipped my free fingers into the bubbles and applied a moustache above Luke's lips which were trying hard not to smile. "Am I sexy?" He asked. "It's kind of wrong if I say my teacher is sexy isn't it?" I joked. "I'm not your teacher at the moment!" "Oh, so i can do this!" Within seconds I dipped my hands into the sink, quickly moving them so that water landed all down the front of Luke and of course on the floor. Luke backed away, his mouth open as he glared down at his now soaking wet t-shirt. "You just passed... At being the worst thrower in history!" Before I knew it my whole outfit was covered in soapy water. I guess you could say we had a water fight for the next 5 minutes, getting each other drenched, putting bubbles over our faces and in our hair. Then we had to stop as we were both in hysterics. As Luke calmed down he said, "Sorry about your clothes, I'll throw them in the dryer before you leave!" I suddenly stopped laughing and looked at him. His white t-shirt with a penguin in the middle was clenched to his body, revealing the structure of his abs which I would never have guessed were there. Luke's mum stole me from my gaze. "Oh my... What are you two like! Imagine if you lived together, you'd destroy the place!" Luke laughed and got to work on washing the dishes with the water that still remained in the sink. "I'll get you some towels!" She said, smiling at me. But it wasn't a normal smile. She was an intelligent woman, and tht smile suggested she knew something. I went to the sink and helped Luke with the dishes in silence. "Look up!" He said suddenly. I glanced up at him with some kind of unusual hope... He smiled his cute, soft smile and wiped a streak of bubbles off my cheek with his thumb, before going back to washing.