29

"What's all this?" he asked as he looked at the pieces of paper on the table in front of me. He picked a piece of paper up, and scanned his eyes until he reached the bottom. "Where the hell did you find these?" His eyes met mine, a darker shade of blue than ever before, his face scrunched up a little out of irritation. "Why? Your little secrets blown Luke…" I snarled. "You know I hate rumours, especially ones that are far from the truth!" He said scrunching the paper up into a ball before chucking it on the floor. "If it wasn't true you wouldn't be so uptight about it, why don't you just confess to it!" "There's nothing to confess! You honestly believe these idiotic attention seekers, over me?" I shrugged my shoulders. Luke headed for the door. "Don't walk away Luke Hemmings, don't you dare!" I stood up from the table, slamming my hands down on the table. He came back, the angriest I had ever seen him. "This is what they want, this is what those people want. They want to tear us apart, to hate each other and I won't let them succeed." He started walking towards me, his arms reaching out for mine. I backed away. His mouth fell open slightly, and he almost looked heart broken. "Don't do this Codie, you can't believe them. Please…" "Why shouldn't I?" "It's me Codie, thats the reason why! You love me as much as I love you, you know that I would never cheat on you."

"Explain why you left for two days, without any of the boys!" I shouted. Luke raised his arm slightly ready to explain, but it dropped to his side. "I can't…" I bit down on my bottom lip, shaking my head, tears slowly falling from my eyes. "Then I can't do this anymore…" "No come on Codie, we can sit here for hours and just have a go at each other but fix it in the end…We can I promise!" I shook my head as the tears flew faster. "I don't believe you, not anymore." 

Luke stared at me in silence for a few seconds, his lips quivering as his heart broke into pieces. "I love you Codie…" He turned around and slowly left the room, slamming the front door behind him. I heard the sound of the car reversing out of the driveway and speeding down the street. I grabbed my crutches from the side of the counter and swung one across the table letting out a sigh of anger, causing the paper to fly everywhere. I left the house and hurried down a couple of blocks till I got to Ashton's house. I knocked on the door rapidly until he answered. He smiled ready to greet normally but he must have seen my tear stained face which caused the smile to disappear. "Oh my god, what's happened?" He took my arm and gently pulled me inside. He held me in his arms, shushing me as I began to cry again. "Please tell me where Luke went…" He let out a huge sigh and moved me back. "I'm sure he would want to tell you himself but… He went to the next village along from here to a dancing school… He'd been planning it since you broke your foot, because he realised how lifeless you were not being able to dance. So he's done everything he possibly can and more to get you healed quickly so you can attend this school. He went just now to go and sign for the scholarship and complete everything, ready for you to go the moment you can walk properly again! He wanted it to be a surprise for you…" My mouth dropped slightly,  "So he isn't cheating on me and hasn't just got back from seeing the other woman?" "What?" Ashton laughed lightly. He sat me down on the stairs and put my crutches to the side."Are you kidding? He would never do that especially to you Codie, you're the best thing to happen to him since his last girlfriend, if not better!"

"I need to find him!" I said standing up. "Do you know where he is?" Ashton asked. I smiled when I realised that I actually did. "Yeah I do…" I stood on my broken foot, being able to put some pressure on it and hurried out of the door. "Codie wait your crutches!" I heard Ashton call from inside by the time I had made half way across the road. I turned back to look at him, but I only caught a glimpse of him until I was on the ground. I felt blood trickle down my face, as I heard a car door slam shut. I glanced up to see both Ashton and Jason towering over me. My hearing began to fade, but Ashton started shoving Jason before taking out his phone. I looked back down in level with the ground at part of a magazine which was stuck under a bin. My eyes stayed focused on it, trying to get a proper look at the page which it was open on. It was a photo of Luke and I leaving the radio station, taken by a fan. We both looked so happy and our hands were holding on tight to each others. "I should have believed you…" I whispered, the words taking up my final amount of energy, before my eyes finally closed.