5

I was at the bar in the local pub ordering drinks for all of us (Maddie, Ashleigh, Ben, Jason, Taylor and myself). As I finished the order and handed the money, Luke stepped out from behind the bar. “Well hello!” He said wandering over, leaning his arms on the bar. “I did well on the work we got handed back!” Luke raised his eyebrows. “I got a B, my first ever B in Science!” The biggest smile appeared on his face as I did my own little celebration dance. “I have to repay you somehow!” Luke laughed shaking his head. “I do!” Suddenly I felt the weight of an arm on my shoulders. I glanced up to see Jason narrowing his eyes at Luke. “Come on babe!” He snarled, leading me away. I sat down at our table and looked over at Luke who sighed, standing up from slouching on the bar. I got my phone and texted ‘Let me know what I owe you when you figure it out!’ to Luke. I watched as he read the message  and the familiar smirk appeared on his face. He looked over at me but before I could respond Jason moved his lips to mine, for a rough and aggressive kiss. I pushed him away, glaring at him as I wiped my hand across my mouth. “What was that for?” I shouted, standing up from the table. I went to the bar peering round for Luke. “He’s gone home!” The barman said. I ran out to the empty street. I smiled to myself, “You haven’t gone home!”

“Why’d you bail?” I asked as I walked over to Luke who was sat on the roof looking at the city. He looked up at me in a daze, as if I had disturbed him. “Oh, I didn’t feel well enough to work!” He muttered. “I’ve been thinking though, what you can do to repay me for helping you with Science!” He said as I sat down. “And…” I teased nudging myself into him. “Be my friend!” I laughed, “I am your friend Luke!” “I know, but I want you to stay my friend. I’ve had too many friends who suddenly changed and never spoke to me again.” I looked closely as he spoke, tears formed at the edge of his eyes but he didn’t let them fall. I put my arm round his shoulders. “Try and get rid of me!” I said, my chin resting on his shoulder. He turned, his face extremely close to mine.

(The next morning)

“What?” I whined, placing my phone to my ear as I laid in bed feeling a high lack of energy. “Do you know where the Metro is?” I recognised Luke’s voice which made me feel slightly better. “Yeah…” “Meet me outside at 1pm, see you then.” Before I could ask anything he hung up. It was 12:55pm and I was outside the Metro. I could hear the muffled sound of music coming from inside. Maybe Luke was taking me to a concert but there was no one else around, no queue or security. Luke appeared looking as happy as ever. “Afternoon!” He put his arm round my shoulders and started leading me to the entrance. I stopped. “We can’t go in, music’s playing…” Luke smiled. “It’s fine, trust me!” I began to feel nervous, that we’d get arrested or something. The music was getting louder and then Luke stopped and stood in front of me. “Wait here!” He went through the door. “Luke!” I shouted, afraid I’d get busted. The music stopped. “Shit!” I whispered, I turned around to head back out. “Hey Codie, where you going?” Luke asked. “We’re gonna get caught!” His head dropped, letting out a light chuckle. “Come on!” He took my hand, pulling me through the door. The room was empty with a stage on the other side which was fully lit with instruments, cables, amps, mice and people. 3 teenage boys to be exact. Luke ran onto the stage and went to the centre mic, “Codie, I’m Luke, this is Michael, Calum and that’s Ashton. This is our band 5 Seconds of Summer!”