19

The first weekend at my new college was spent partying. My so called 'friends' who hadn't really spoken to me for the past few months, except Maddie, invited themselves round, bringing a lot of booze. My apartment was cramped, full of many people I didn't even know. Most of the time I was sat in the corner, or if I attempted to get in with the small crowds I would be pushed down onto the sofa. So I hit the booze, hard. I wanted Luke with me, I hadn't spoken to him in so long and as far as I was aware he was still in America. I was surrounded by people, I had actual company, but all I wanted was to be with him, to have one person for company. 

After about an hour of drinking, it was safe to say I was heading towards being pretty drunk. I was half aware of what was going on. I went to my bathroom, and sat in the shower, letting the water drip down onto my head. Jason walked in, "Oh sorry I didn't know you were in here… Mind if I go anyway?" Before I could even come up with a response he went ahead and peed. "Can I join you? I need sobering up too!" He said. He crouched down beside me, both of us leaning against the cold, wet tiles. Drunk Jason was actually much nicer than the sober Jason, which was always irritating. "So how are you? How is it down here?" He asked. Even though I knew he really didn't care, I carried on. "It's alright, I mean I love the college, the dancing and everything. Just lonely…" "Because Luke isn't here?" I looked up at him and nodded. "He isn't all you think you know…" Jason said. I frowned. "You've said that before…" "Well, I've said too much already" He said, closing his eyes letting the water pour down his face. "No…Tell me." He let out a huge sigh. "I've known him since we were like 6 or something and… When he was like 15, he had a girl… I know loads of people say that at that age it isn't a proper relationship…Anyways, he was going out with this girl, and then there was a school trip which was a week and she went away… He cheated on her with one of the bitchy girls, he didn't have sex but he got close…He takes advantage of being away from people… Especially girls, who care about him…" He looked back down at me. "Are you telling me the truth?" I asked. "Of course! Drunken words are actual thoughts!" He was right. "Would you mind leaving me alone please?" I muttered. "Sure!" He stood up and left. I leaned my head back, the water smacking against my skin. I stood up, turning the water off and wandered over to the mirror. I grabbed a towel to try my face and hair. I stared at my reflection, my eyes darker than usual. I thought about the length of time Luke had been away, how long it had been without contact. I thought about what Jason had said. What if Luke was cheating on me? 

I walked out of the room, my clothes soaking wet. "Where are you going?" Maddie asked, chasing after me as I headed for the door. "I just need to get some air, I'll be back soon!" I said, hugging her quickly. The beach was a couple of minutes away from my apartment. I sat far up the beach, watching the tide come in. I cried quietly, even though I was completely alone. "Codie…Is that you?" I rubbed my eyes before looking up, seeing Luke standing there. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I wanted to see you, I got home the other day…and I just had to see you." He said, opening his arms as I stood up. I didn't step forwards. "You've been crying, what's wrong?" He asked stepping forwards. I stepped backwards. "I know what you're like. You're not really this goody-two-shoes that all the teachers praise. You're not this sweet, caring guy who is just too cute to be real. You're one of those sleazy, cheating idiots." I said, my voice rising. "What on earth are you on about?" "You had a girlfriend, you cheated on her. And I don't want that to happen to me… What the hell, I bet it already has. That's why you're here, to tell me, to break up with me." I started walking away, before turning back. "I'll save you the favour. It's over!" I shouted before running up the beach. "Codie!" Luke shouted, in the most aggressive tone I had ever heard come from his mouth. It fitted the new revealed image of him, it was all true. "You know what Luke" I stopped, by the side of the path. "I knew you were always the quiet boy, everyone knew you were. And now I know why. Because you have all these disgusting secrets, a reputation, and it was all a disguise. You said a while ago, that the people I had around with are like the stupid bitches, who are up themselves. True… But before you knew me, you must have thought I was one too. And that's probably why you got to know me, so I was just another bitch to cheat on. So… Who is she? Who's the poor girl you cheated on with me?" "What the hell are you on about?" Luke shouted. He stared at me, his eyes shining a deep shade of blue under the street lamp. "Don't ever come near me again" I said firmly through gritted teeth. I ran across the road and back to my apartment. I checked a couple of times to see if Luke was behind me, but he wasn't. Did I want him to chase after me? I entered the party, grabbed Jason by the arm and dragged him to the bathroom. We stood in the shower, the water on us again. "You've wanted me. Here's your chance!" I muttered before smacking my lips against his.