9

Luke led me through an empty house and upstairs to what I assumed was his room. "Are your parents not in or something?" I asked as he gestured that I sat down on the chair. "Oh my mum won't be back from work yet, she's a teacher so..." He explained as he tried to tidy his room a bit. I looked around at the stacks of cds, both old and new, the posters on the walls, the bookshelf full of books and finally the acoustic guitar beside the bed. "She's a beauty isn't she?" Luke said as he picked the guitar up. "Yeah" I said. He wandered over and knelt down beside me, turning the guitar upside down and placing it on my lap. I felt the numerous marks of engraved words and drawings. "It was my first guitar and means a lot to me so I engraved words, people, lyrics and things... I guess you could say it's my life." I traced my fingers over the little drawing of the world. "Tell me whenever you're flying places next time, please." I said looking into both of his blue eyes. "I promise" He tucked my hair behind my ears and kept looking down at my lips. My phone started dining as I closed my eyes. "Jason... Sorry I didn't mean to look." Luke said as he passed me the phone. I declined the call and sat in silence whilst Luke was still kneeling beside me. "Can I show you a song I wrote?" I nodded as he went to sit on the edge of the bed. "It's called Try Hard." Once he finished he bit down on his lip nervously, back to being the boy at the back of the classroom. "That's so good, did you write it about someone?" He sat up, "Yeah I wrote it about this girl I liked who was way too good for me but I never stopped trying to reach her..." "And?" He was quiet. "Luke I'm home!" A voice called from downstairs. Luke quickly grabbed my hand and took me downstairs. "Mum this is Codie, the girl I was telling you about!" A blonde woman, slightly shorter than Luke, shook my hand. "Nice to finally meet you Codie, I've been dying to see the pretty girl my son has been blabbing on about... I got pizza for dinner, I hope that's ok!" She walked past to the kitchen. I glanced up at Luke, chuckling as he rolled his eyes his cheeks a slight shade of pink.