6

The song ended, all 4 boys looking down at me. I’m not sure how open my mouth was but it felt like my jaw was on the floor. Luke chuckled. “Are we that shit?” Michael asked. I shook my head, snapping myself out of the daze. “No, you guys are incredible it’s just a surprise… Luke, you don’t come across as the rock band kind of guy!” Luke smiled. “Like I said there’s a lot you don’t know about me!” I bit down on my lip, my head shaking, overwhelmed by this other life of Luke. 

I sat on the edge of the stage as numerous people were getting the stage ready for the performance later on. “You gonna stay for the show?” Luke asked as he sat down beside me. “Hmm?” I said turning to him. He laughed, “You’re not shocked still are you?” “Sorry, it just doesn’t feel right. The quiet boy in class is the lead singer in an upcoming band…” “Well you’re starting to find stuff out about me. Soon I will find out things about you!” He nudged his elbow into my side. “Yeah, I’m not interesting.” 

About half an hour later the boys shouted from the stage as I checked my phone at the back of the room. “We’re gonna grab some lunch,  want anything?” “No thanks!” I replied. “Ok well people will be around!” They left by the stage door. There was a stereo by my side and I felt like blasting music for a couple of minutes instead of sitting in an empty, silent room. ‘Do It Like a Dude - Jessie J’ started playing as I wandered over to the middle of the rom. Being in a room with live music bouncing off the walls set off urges I hadn’t had in ages. “Stomp, stomp, I’ve arrived!” I stomped forwards before throwing my head back, making my hair fly on it’s ends. “Do it like a brother, do it like a dude.” I slid my feet across the floor, jolting  my hips. “Wear my hat low like youuuuu!” I saluted before going into a quick routine of choppy moves. 

“Holy shit!” The song ended and I turned round to see Luke standing on the edge of the stage with the others further behind. My cheeks were going to implode from embarrassment and all I wanted to do was runaway, so that’s what I did. “Codie wait!” I grabbed my phone and ran out of the doors. Luke grabbed my hand, I tried to pull away but he was stronger than I originally thought. I stopped. “Where are you going?” He asked in a soft voice. “To go die in a very deep hole.” “No… That was incredible Codie, I had no idea!” I took a deep breath. “I mean, I thought you were hot before but now…” I turned my head sharply. “You think I’m hot?” “Aha, got you to turn around!” I rolled my eyes. “You’re hot, but I prefer to think of you as an extremely attractive girl!” I scrunched my nose trying to hide the fact that my heart was racing. “Come on, we might need a sexy back up dancer!” I hit his shoulder with the side of my head. As we walked back I glanced down to realise we were still holding hands, I looked up at Luke who was already smiling at me.