2

I was sat in ny room, at my desk trying to do Science homework, but I literally knew nothing. I threw my pen down and let out a huge sigh. Jason’s name flashed on my phone. “What?” I asked, putting the phone to my ear. “Come outside!” He whined. “I’m not in!” I said. “Bullshit, I’m outside your house and your bedroom light is on” “I’m not home!” I repeated. “I just heard you, your window is up!” He snorted, sounding extremely happy with himself. “Oh, do you know what else is up?” I said as I wandered over to the window. “My middle finger!” I shouted down the phone as I stuck my finger up at him. I hung up and slammed the window down. 
The next day at school, in the afternoon, I was sitting near the back of the field having a second try at the Science homework. “It’s CuSO4.” I looked up, having to place my hand above my eyes due to the sun. “I’ll show you!” Luke said as he sat down, taking my book from my lap. Within seconds my book was covered in his handwriting. “Thanks!” I said, feeling slightly overwhelmed. “No problem!” He smiled. “So, what are you doing all the way back here by yourself Codie?” “Trying to do this for next lesson!” “Oh so you actually do work!” Luke joked. “What do you mean?” Luke looked out at the field. “Well your friends, the people you hang round with don’t do much work. You just surprised me that’s all!” He looked back at me, making me smile. “There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me!” “I could say the same thing to you!” For a few seconds we just smiled at each other. “Right, I said I’d help you with Science, no time like the present!” Luke said taking my book again to read the questions. Like I said before, I had never really looked past him as being the clever boy from Science, but now I was suddenly so intrigued to know what else there was to Luke Hemmings.