Epilogue

• Dedicated to DevRave

The Heart of a Mate: Epilogue

Lauren's POV

                I stood at the front of the pack, Jay, Pyro, and Julien next to me. He was only nine but he already stood to my chest. I took his hand and he smiled up at me, his eyes so bright and wondrous as he gleamed like only a little brother could.
"There he is!" He pointed as Jacoby walked toward the stage, Amonie on his arm. They were both covered in ceremonial markings that mirrored the ones Jay and I had been marked with at our bonding ceremony. Jay stood proud as his son led his first mate, as he would be expected to do for many years to come. I was proud of the young whelp Jacoby had become as well. He was only fifteen but he already bared the characteristics of a ruler - he was loyal, honest and courageous.
"My children!" An elder began, "We have gathered here to witness the bonding of these two whelps that now stand before me." Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Kat and Mark, her eyes wet. Amonie was their only daughter, just as Jacoby was Jay and my only son. The elder continued with the sacred readings as we all watched on with pride. This was just the beginning of the life they were creating together but it was also the beginning of much more than that...eventually this would be the beginning of a new pack under Jacoby's rule and I knew he would do it with the same selflessness that Jay, Pyro and I have.

__________________

A/N

I would love to take a moment to thank everyone that has stuck with me through this story. I know I'm not the fastest writer and it sometimes takes me a while to get a chapter out. Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope you all continue to like my stories... <3

Wanna find out what happened to Lauren before he was sent to live in the Shifter District? Check out my latest book, Children of the Prophecy!