Chapter 33

Thranduil's POV

"I forgive you, daddy. No, King Under the Mountain" Luth said tears falling down from her eyes. He reached up and wiped her tears smiling at her lovingly. That made her break down and cry next him as a halfling talked to him. I walked over to her and pulled her in a hug. Which she returned with a hard grip on my tunic. I smoothed her hair as I started rocking us back and forth.

"Luth, melonin." Legolas said touching her back.

"Legolas, he is dead. My only family is dead." She cried and threw herself in my son's arm. That was when I noticed the dark poison spreading through her arm.

"We need to get this treated" I said reaching for a vial of antidote inside my tunic.

"There is no need to. I don't want to live anymore" she said shocking me and my son. She then was slapped by the halfling.

"Don't you dare say that. He would never want that to happen to you, so stop saying that" the halfling cried.

"I am sorry, Bilbo" Luth said crying into the hand of that halfling. Legolas got up and started walking away.

"Son, where are you going?" I asked.

"I can't stay. Today I realised I am not strong enough. I want to be stronger." He said.

"Go north. Find the Dunedain. There was a man his name was Arathorn his son is a good man." I said.

"What's his name?" Legolas asked.

"He is known in the wild as Strider. His real name is for you to find out" I said. He turned around ready to leave. "Your mother loved you, Legolas" I said making him turn to look at me with wide eyes. He then nodded and left.