Hope, Worried, Fear, Tears

I was worried, I was absolutely worried. They haven't been home since last night, it's been fourteen hours and 45 minutes since they have been home and I am freaking out! I had to call Kikyo sounding sick, plus that I couldn't come to work today because Inuyasha told me not to leave the house.

Did I tell you about the hug? No? He hugged me! I didn't even... I didn't even know what to say except repeat what he told me. I didn't want him to stop hugging me to tell you the truth, it was warm, soft, not a forced hug. He also smiled before he left my room, the small smile didn't look bad on him either, I just don't know! Geez!

I stepped out of my room for about the hundreth time looking at the front door seeing no sign of anything, absouletly nothing. Soon it's going to be ten in the morning, I couldnt sleep last night because of how Inuyasha acted, something didnt seem right. I sat down on the couch he laied on, the couch we played 20 questions, also the same couch where he reached his big hands up to my face. His touch was so gentle I couldnt believe it. I sat there for awhile just staring off into the distance, hoping they were safe, my hope soon to worried to being frightened that they werent.

My body tensed when I heard a thump at the door and I spun too look at the front door. Quickly getting up I froze for a mintue, what could that be? An animal, it couldnt be the guys, they would've already walked through. But my body movement got the best of me, I went striaght towards the door, unlocking it and swinging it open. My body comepletly drained, there on the front steps is something I never wanted to see again, on the steps were horrible bloody wounds, slow, unsteady breathing, pale skin. On the steps lied the man I was worried for the most. "In-I-Inuya-yasha..." I stuttered, I wanted to cry, I wanted to break down and wish I wasnt seeing this. He cracked open his golden eye looking up at me, he showed a small smirk that brought me back to the past when I first found him on that rainy day. "S-Sorry, I broke-" he coughed, little blood drops splattered on the steps "-My promise...". I got tears in my eyes, I dropped down to my knees, bending down closer to him and hugging his head "Just shut up for now, I'll worry about that later". I removed my arms from him seeing his eyes shut in pain, I had to get him to the couch, I tried dragging him gently as possible out of the doorway and to the couch, let me tell you it wasnt easy either. He groaned in pain as I moved him too, I felt so bad but I had to do it. As I laid him down on the couch, I shut the front door (more like slamming) then headed straight towards the bathroom hoping to find a first aid kit. To my luck they had a lot of first aid stuff, I was so glad.

I ran back to Inuyasha while carrying the first aid, I went down to my knees setting down the box too. I took of his red jacket seeing a silver and red gun also stained with blood. I didn't know what to think about those, I quickly took off the whatever he was wearing that were holding those guns and I carefully set them on the floor. Next was his shirt, it already had holes in it from fighting, so I just ripped it off. I saw all the wounds he had, some where bullet wounds and some where deep cuts, a lot of stitching today. I poured the alcohol on the rag I had and dabbed his wounds. He hissed in pain cursing along to his hissing, I looked over at his face seeing him looking at me "I-I-I am sorry...". His face was covered in sweat mixed with pain, I continued to dabbed the rest of his wounds listening him curse some more "Damn it that hurts" I stopped pulling back my hands and stood. I went to the kitchen to get a bowl full of warm water and another rag. When I came back, he watched me when I sat down "I'm sorry" he mumbled. I looked at him shocked then soaked the rag with warm water then ringing it out.

"This is a surprise, Inuyasha saying his sorry?" he growled quietly "Shut up...I just-" "Its fine" I interrupted him "Just stay awake and keep talking to me..." he was quiet for a little while as I fixed his wounds then he spoke. "There's was a woman there, we thought it was suspicious she would be there but we ignored it...when we got there, we were ambushed from the left and right, from above us and from behind, it was stupid of us to even attack...3 against I don't know how many" I nodded while still tending to his wounds, he would hiss and groan in pain for a little bit then continue speaking "What about Miroku and Koga? A-Are they ok?" Inuyasha looked away from me "Yea...They're in the hospital right now, with the head person that we work for..." "Why didn't you go, they could've helped you way more then me".

"Because I needed to come back home to you..." Inuyasha said quietly, I stopped stitching and stared at him in disbelief. "You...You're lying..." He looked back at me with a serious look in his eyes "Does it look like I'm lying?" I looked away from those eyes and back at my hands holding the needle and thread with a light blush on my cheeks "Plus...I'm not allowed in the hospital" "Why?"

He laughed then groaned "Damn it...Because when I was younger and went to the hospital I would cause destruction, havoc, yell at the doctors for being stupid, or they would get mad at me..." I laughed "Cause destruction? Since I've met you, you were just rude..." "That's right...But since I've met you I haven't been in much fights...or destroyed many places, Miroku would always keep me in the house because I would do those things, and he had to pay for it..." my blush got a little darker "I-I see...".

After maybe two hours of talking and tending to wounds, I finally finished and wrapped him up. I sighed and put the stuff together, Inuyasha sat up on the couch slowly, feeling the one deep cut he had on his stomach "Stop moving or you'll reopen them" he scoffed "I'll be fine..." he stopped moving when he rested his back on the couch. I stood up with the supplies seeing the bloody towel. My eyes stared at it for awhile and I wanted to cry again, I quickly went to the kitchen to put the bowel away in the sink then I went to the bathroom to put the first aid kit away, I washed my hands quickly seeing the blood mix with the warm water. I hated seeing this, he got hurt and I didn't know how to feel about this, but I was worried about him, I was scared he wouldn't come back but he did, he came back for me...

I went back to the main room to see Inuyasha still on the couch, his head was tilted back and his eyes were closed. I went closer to him, bending down to see if he fell asleep, but I was wrong. His golden eyes opened looking directly into my brown ones, he stared at me for what seemed like hours. At the corner of my eyes I saw his arms lifting up and wrapping around my waist, he pulled me even closer to him and he rested his head on my stomach. "I'm sorry..." he said sleepily "To have you see such a sight" I froze, I didn't expect this, but his touch felt so warm. I raised my hand putting it on the top of his head, his hair was actually soft. "I am just glad you were safe...you didn't completely break your promise, you did come back..."

We stayed there for a long time then his breathing became lighter, he had fallen asleep. Second time he has done this, no? I carefully tried laying him down on the couch, after I finished that I had found a blanket and covered him up. When I knew he would sleep properly I went to my own room crashing on my own bed, wishing for just a moment that Inuyasha was here in my bed with me with his protective arms.

🍍Guess what guys!!! Im using my laptop again!! hehehe good times good times, so that means no more lateness on my updates, AND hopefully somewhat better spelling and such, I hope you guys enjoyed this chap!! see you soon my pineapples!!!!🍍