A Thousand Wishes

Summary: Joe and Caspar go to pick up their new son from the adoption home.
WARNINGS: I made up the adoption home 'A Thousand Wishes' so don't go looking for it and wonder why it's not there. (This happened before in one of my one-shots omg) Apart from that, nothing.

"But what if we aren't good enough parents? What if he hates us? I don't know what I'd do." Joe asked Caspar while they were in the taxi to go and pick up their new son from the adoption home; A Thousand Wishes.

Caspar shook his head, taking Joe by the shoulders and holding him after seeing his husbands worried state, "Don't you worry about that. We've met little Marcus before remember? He loved us. We loved him. And we will always love him because we are going to be one big family." He told Joe.

This was their first child so Caspar understood why Joe was nervous. After getting married in 2019, they decided that they wanted more than that. And that more turned out to be a family.
Caspar smiled lazily as he remember when they first discussed having children. He was a worried wreck wondering if Joe would want them too, and when he asked Joe and he began to cry he thought he had hit a nerve somewhere and was ready to shut the whole topic down even though that thought saddened him.

But then Joe stood up, and he saw that those tears were actually happy tears. And threw those happy tears Joe shouted, "Yes! Let's have a family." And there wasn't a time when Caspar had ever felt happier.
Apart from when he married Joe, of course. Every part of his most happiest memories had Joe in them.

And then the adopting process started, and then the stress came. Both of them constantly wondering if they would be accepted, after all, they were classed as 'different' to all the other couples.
Though they took all of their videos down once they quit YouTube around the time when they got married, they were still kind of famous. All their old fans had grown up and probably forgotten about them, but there are still pictures of them on the Internet, and it could be unsafe for the child.
Luckily it's 2021 now, and the homophobia has basically gone and the world is all at peace with each other.

"Yeah I guess you are right," Joe agreed, cuddling more into Caspar. "It all will be fine, I'm just paranoid that things will go wrong."
Caspar hummed in understanding because he got it; he was paranoid that things will go wrong too. But he decided to stay strong, A Thousand Wishes didn't need two grown sobbing men coming in to adopt a child.

The taxi pulled up next to A Thousand Wishes, and after paying and thanking the taxi driver they both got out. Joe held onto Caspar's hand as they walked inside, and they walked to the front desk.
"Ah," The lady greeted, smiling showing her yellow stained teeth. "What can I do for you two lads?"
Joe smiled back at her, "We're the Lee's, we are here to pick up Marcus?"

The lady nodded, before picking up some files and typing something in her computer, "Yes, that's correct. Marcus will be here soon, he's just saying goodbye to everybody and making sure he's got everything. We need to check him over too before he goes home with you. Go wait on the blue chairs over there, sorry but he'll be about an hour. We need you to wait here though, so no leaving." She explained.

"An hour?" Caspar asked in disbelief before shaking it off. "Okay. Thank you so much for your help." He said before him and Joe sat down on the chairs.
"It's happening, Joe." He whispered to him. "We are finally getting a child. It's going to be amazing."
And Joe chuckled, leaning his head on Caspar's shoulder and whispering back, "You're right."

The lady was right too, it did only take an hour. The wait was fine for Joe and Caspar as they had each other for company, and then little Marcus came and gave them a big hug and it felt like something had been filled in Joe and Caspar's chests.

And as Marcus held both of his dad's hands as he walked out of A Thousand Wishes, happy. One because he finally had a family. And two because he got out of A Thousand Wishes, and could easily say that his wish came true.
One big family, just like he'd always dreamed of. And now he's got it.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)