Scream If You Want Me

Summary: Rosie, Joe and Caspar's thirteen year old daughter, gets her period for the first time.
WARNINGS: Periods, mentions a lot of blood.
Requested by: IFrickingLoveTroye 

"Rosie, would you stop moving around so much? We are trying to watch a movie." Joe told her as Rosie moved again for the billionth time. She sighed, and sat down next to Caspar again and crossed her legs.

She just didn't feel right. Something didn't feel right.

Rosie snorted at the popcorn not being eaten, and grabbed a handful, "How many pieces of popcorn do you think I could shove in my mouth in a minute?" She asked, making Joe huff and pause the movie. She watched him, before her face grew into a big smile, "Oh so this is a bet now? It's on."

Joe shook his head no, "Rosie what's wrong? You're acting different, is there something you aren't telling us?"
"I think I need the loo. Play the movie while I'm gone, I'm not watching it much anyway. It's fine."

They acted like it was nothing, and carried on and played the movie. Rosie stood up and walked to the toilet, feeling...odd.
Ever since she woke up this morning her tummy had been hurting, and she had felt tired and gone from moody to happy in a second. She didn't know what was going on. But she was thirteen now, she could just blame it on her hormones; she was fairly sure that what it was anyways.

Rosie sat down on the loo and did her business for a few seconds, and when she went to grab toilet roll...well, she got the shock of her life.
Blood. Everywhere.
She covered her mouth with her hand - she did know what this was after all - but she was still panicking.

"Ah," She whispered to herself quietly. "That explains everything now."
This was her first period, so panicking was allowed. Especially in her case. Once she had learned about it she was immediately worried, having two dads was fine. She loved them. But she didn't have a mother who had gone through...the same things. How was she going to explain this to her dads?

She had been so caught up in her thoughts, she hadn't realised that it had gotten a little out of hand. Blood all over her pants, trousers, toilet seat, and even a little on the floor and her arms. How could have she or her dads not have noticed? She looked like she'd got shot from the waist down, so she did what any person would do in this situation.

She screamed. Loud.

Quickly she locked the door and sat on the floor, and she burst into tears. What was she supposed to do? Would her dads be mad at her for ruining her trousers? It didn't take a minute for knocking to be heard on the door and panicked voices from outside.

"Rosie? Honey, you okay? Are you crying?" Joe shouted, knocking on the door. "Holy...are you hurt? Why's the door locked? Oh my, let us in!" He screamed, which made her cry harder.
She wiped her face with her clean hand, "No! I'm fine! I just..." She paused, looking for an excuse. "I saw a spider."

Suddenly she started crying again, even harder this time.
"Rosie, we know you're fine with spiders. Please, just let us in." Caspar told her, his head resting on the door.
She shook her head even though they couldn't see her, "No, go back to watching the film. I'll be there in a minute."

There was a silence, before Joe muttered a quiet, "Okay. Just scream again if you want us."
She waited a few minutes until they were gone, before collecting herself and drying her tears. She decided to take a shower as they usually calm her down, and besides, she needed one.
After that, Rosie put all her dirty clothes in the washing, before putting on some fresh clothes.

Taking out a packet of pads that Zoe had bought her for emergencies for when the time came, she put one on and instantly started to feel a bit better.
She went upstairs to see Caspar and Joe sat worriedly on the sofa, talking to each other. When they saw her, they both stood up and looked at her; waiting for an answer.

Rosie was stuck for words. Should she tell them? Surely it would be awkward. She shuffled with her feet, before looking up at them. She couldn't look them in the eyes, so she looked straight down at the floor again.
"It's here." She said bluntly, waiting for their reactions. She was fairly sure they wouldn't get it, and they didn't for a while.

"My monthly friend has started." She tried again.
"Really? Is it a boy or a girl? Oooh, do you have a boyfriend?" Caspar teased her, and suddenly his face set to an angry expression. "I want to meet him before you both go on a date." Rosie put her head in her hands. "What is his name? Does he have a job? Is he able to keep both of you stable?"

"Papa! I'm thirteen I don't need a job!" She half-shouted. "I mean the red river has come. And no, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh my god," Caspar started. "Do you mean-" She nodded, cutting him off. "Oh my god. What do we do? Do you need food, water, medical attention? Oh my god."
She rolled her eyes, "I'm not dying, papa. Though it feels like I am."

Joe suddenly caught on, and covered his mouth with his hand. His eyes widened, and he reached for his phone.
"What are you doing?" Caspar asked him worriedly.
Joe shook his head, "I'm calling Zoe! It's happening! She warned me about this."

Rosie was tired, and hungry, but mostly tired of this, "Stop!" She shouted.

They both looked at her for help. They'd never been in a situation like this, never even had to think or deal with it.
She sighed sinking in with the fact that she could never be angry at them. They were only worried and trying to help, "Don't worry, I've got it all sorted."

They both let out sighs of relief, and she chuckled.
"I'm going to go to my room..." She trailed off. "See you guys."

She flopped on her bed, and let out a laugh.

She could hear Caspar panicking upstairs.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)