Date Swap

Summary: The 'we're both meant to be going on blind dates with other people but we sat down at the wrong table and got our hopes up' one-shot that nobody actually asked for.
WARNINGS: NONE.

Caspar entered the Cafè, his hopes set high. He had no idea who he was meeting, he didn't know what they looked like or anything. He just knew it was a man.
Josh was fed up of Caspar's endless rants about him 'being lonely' and 'wanting a boyfriend' so he got one of his friends, to get one of his friends to go on a blind date with Caspar. Josh's friend Chris, had a friend named Jack who wouldn't stop talking about being single so they set them up on a date. They were pretty proud, and thought that they would make a lovely couple. Caspar and Jack. It fitted together, it sounded right.

Caspar scanned the Cafè, looking for someone who is alone and looking like they were on a blind date. You know, the hopeful look on their face. His eyes landed on a beautiful man sat alone in the corner. He smiled to himself, silently praying that this was the man Josh had set him up with. As Caspar walked over, Joe looked up to be met with breath-taking blue eyes. Joe smiled, and hoped that this was the guy he was meeting for his blind date.

Joe's friend, Adam, had decided Joe needed a boyfriend. All Joe did, according to Adam, was moan about being single. Adam had finally had enough, and got his friend Alex to go on a date with him. But he wanted it to be a blind date, he wanted it to be surprising.
I bet they didn't expect it to turn out like this.

Caspar approached the table, a smile still set on his lips. "Hi, are you here for a blind date?" He asked. Joe nodded, feeling slightly breathless at the man's accent. Caspar noted to thank Josh later for picking out someone so stunning.
"So, tell me about yourself. I'm guessing you got set up by one of your friends?" Caspar questioned, sitting down.
"Yeah." Joe said. "It's quite weird actually, I've never been on a blind date."
"Me neither." Caspar admitted, putting his coat on his chair. "So, I guess we are both new at this. We will both mess up, eh?" He joked, and Joe chuckled.
"We will both mess up together." Joe said, smiling. Caspar smiled back.
"Pinky promise?" He laughed, holding out his pinky. Joe almost snorted.
"Pinky promise." And he shook his pinky with Caspar's. (a/n- whY DOES THIS SOUND SO WRONG)

The two shared jokes, each both feeling strangely comforted by each other's presence. It was almost like they had known each other for years.
"You know, we've been here nearly fifteen minutes and haven't got a coffee or anything yet." Joe laughed, and Caspar tilted his head to the side watching Joe laugh.
He was fascinated by something that beautiful.
"I know! So, Jack, what kind of music do you like?" Caspar asked, leaning on his elbows. Joe paused, and looked up in confusion.
"Jack? Who's Jack?" Joe asked in a hurry, and Caspar's eyes widened.
"Shit." He muttered. "My name is Caspar, who are you supposed to be meeting?"
"Someone called Alex..." Joe replied, biting his lips anxiously. "Oh, this is awkward."

Caspar looked around the Café, there were two guys on the other side laughing. Caspar stood up.
"What are you doing?" Asked Joe, standing up also.
"I'm going to ask if there is anybody called Jack or Alex in this Café and then, yeah. Hopefully they are here. Looks like we went on the wrong blind date." Caspar answered, and he walked to the table with the two guys. They both looked up.
"Are you two, or one of you at least called Jack or Alex?" Caspar asked, and they both looked at each other and nodded. "Oh." Caspar muttered. They were both attractive, but Caspar couldn't help think that Joe was like a model compared to them.
"Well basically, I'm Caspar. I'm supposed to be on a blind date with one of you, and one of you is supposed to be on a blind date with Joe. We all went on the wrong blind date." Caspar said, and he leaned down so only Jack and Alex could hear what he was about to say.

"But between me and you, I don't really want to swap. I've got a hot one who has a good  taste in music. I mean, how amazing is that?" Caspar explained.
"I don't want to swap either." Jack admitted. "I mean, I've got a hot one too who has an amazing taste in music." Alex blushed, grinning from ear to ear.
"Yeah, have fun with Joe. Looks like this worked out quite well." Alex laughed, and Caspar nodded and waved goodbye to them. He grabbed Joe's hand, making him gasp, and lead him back to the table.
"So Joe, you know we were talking about a coffee. Can I buy you one?" Caspar questioned, a small smile appearing on his lips.
"That would be great, thank you Caspar." Joe made sure to emphasize on Caspar's name. 

And as Caspar walked up to the counter to get the coffees, he could help but think.
Alex was right. This did work out quite well. Because he wound up with Joe, and he was pretty sure that he would be with Joe for a very long time.
Not many people like blind dates, you could be meeting a murderer, or a horrible person. But not for Caspar, he was lucky enough to meet his future husband.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)