We Are Ghosts Of What We Used To Be

Summary: He never wanted to let go, and he never once did.
Good luck trying to find out who's POV this is.
WARNINGS: Mentions of bullying, death.

You held his hand.
Tight.
And not once did you let go.

When he first admitted he was gay to you, you hugged him and grabbed his hand. You told him you would be there for him whenever. You were.

When he got picked on for being gay, you cleaned up his bruises and kissed his forehead. He grabbed your hand, and you cleaned some blood off it. You didn't let go then, either.

When he got his first boyfriend, you were so happy for him. But you didn't hold his hand for a while, his boyfriend wouldn't allow it. That was fine for you, but you didn't want to be alone. Sometimes you got lonely.

When he called you up in the middle of the night, crying about how his boyfriend had hit him. You told him everything was going to be okay, and you helped him break up with him. He never saw that guy again. You held his hand when he did it.

When his parents chucked him out, you held his hand and he cried into your shoulder. You talked to his parents and they let him back in, and apologised.

When he kissed you, you held his hand.

When you and him went on your first date, you took him to the movies. You held his hand the whole time. You could hold his hand as much as you wanted now.

When you accidentally cheated on him, it took a while for him to forgive you. You held his hand when you both made up, and when you two were away, your hand felt empty and cold.

When you both left school, you held his hand.

When you both moved into an apartment, you and him were so happy. You held his hand.

When he proposed, you kissed him. He made a comment about how much you liked holding his hand, you laughed.

When it was the wedding, you both stood at the alter. You held both of his hands this time.

When you adopted two kids, you held their hands too.

When he grew ill, you held his hand all the way to the hospital in the ambulance.

When the doctors told you he didn't have long left, you held his hand in the hospital bed.

When he whispered, "Please take care of yourself." You cried. You gripped his hand tighter, and whispered back. "I can't do it without you."

When he closed his eyes for the last time, you cried into his chest that was no longer moving. You held both of his hands, and kissed his face all over.

When you knew it was the end of all of it, you had to let go of his hand.

Not once did you let go, but today you had to. Because you can't always hold on forever, and you knew that.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)