JL 2 (New Version)

As Emma was about to knock on Adian's door, she heard some cursing and thought to herself could this day get any more horrid, with a pissed off boss.

Inside the cabin, Adian was cursing out in frustration, for some reason his e- mail wasn't delivering and if it didn't deliver in next fifteen minutes, then another deal would slip right through his hands.

He was forcefully taping on the sent icon again and again, when he heard a tentative knock on his black office doors.

"Please do come in." he answered in a polite tone, to the knock on his door, without looking up.

Emma heard his positive reply; she pushed opened the door and entered his office with a steaming cup of coffee and a professional smile plastered on her pouty pink luscious lips. The first thing that came to her view, is the huge mahogany table ,with a big black empowering chair where Adian was reclining like a king with no trace of earlier anger on his face; only frustration with slight irritation on his chiselled face; behind him was picturesque view of New York City. It looked like a picture out of a business magazine turned to reality.

Rest of the office walls were bared, only a couch with side table was near the entrance of the room for some business associates. She was so engrossed in admiring the room, making her forgot for a while where she was. She heard a throat being cleared, which brought her eyes to her boss.

"Oh sorry. I've got coffee for you, thought you would like some." She said to get over her embarrassment at being caught staring him and the office.

He chuckled slightly and apologized to her for his earlier behaviour and thanked her for the coffee; he took the coffee from her dainty little fingers with practical short nails, and motioned for her to sit while he took a sip from the cup.

"How do you know the way I take my coffee" he enquired.

Looking at his shocked expressions Emma couldn't resist a smile and replied cheekily "Well, there is this little thing known as magic, which a good assistant should have with them. It helps them to know where, when and what the boss requires"

He was baffled at her reply; she shook her head at his serious expression and said "Don't worry. I asked Claire; how you liked to have your coffee, since it looked like that you could really use some of it, when you walked in the office."

Adian shook his head at her reply and smiled at this beautiful auburn hair beauty, sparkling green eyes, heart shaped face and a perfect figure to go with it.

"Thanks. Well I am once again sorry for my lousy attitude on your first day. May I know your name please? Which I forgot to ask you first, in my huff and puff mood" he said looking to like a child who got caught with his hand in a cookie jar.

"Well it's good to know that you accept, when you know, you are in the wrong. Well my name is Emma Kotler, new assistant of Adian Watsal CEO of the Watsal group of industries "she replied with dimples in her cheeks.

Adian thought it's good to know that she is an easy going girl, hope she stays upbeat this way, what with huge work load she is going to face in very near future.

"Welcome on board Miss. Kotler, hope you enjoy this new roller coaster ride with us." He said with a welcoming smile.

"Well I am looking forward to tough work, there is no fun in working if there aren't any challenges to keep your mind sharp. Now why were you looking so frustratingly at the poor laptop screen?"

"Oh God, don't remind me again" he groaned "well I have to send this tender for the new construction project; and if I am not able to send it in about next ten minutes then I will miss out the opportunity. But this stupid machine is not supporting me at all." He gestured towards the said machine.

"Hmm. Do you mind if I give it a try?" she bit her lips in questioning.

He shrugged and motioned her to do whatever she wanted to do, he turned pushed the laptop towards her, while he picked up his coffee and happily started sipping it.

After few minutes, he heard the ping of message being sent. He looked up at her in shock and said "You truly do have magic; I have been trying to send it for the last ten minutes. It didn't cooperate but you touched it and the mail is delivered. Well I'll be damned." He rubbed his nape tiredly.

She smiled at him and said "It wasn't the magic simply a technique called refresh and cleaning the cache'. Well now that it has been done, what did you want me to do?"

With that they both got to the work, Adian gave her all the list of work to be done today. She thanked him and got back to her desk, trying to finish everything by 6:00pm latest.

In the cabin Adian thought to himself, she might bring some light to his gloomy looking office, and shook his head on his idiotic thought and got back to work. While trying to think of a way to get away from his father's matchmaking schemes; he truly loved and respected his father but since his retirement his father has been behind his life to get married in their class. For this, his father was setting up a trip to Dubai with his childhood friend and a business associate's daughter; while wanting him to get married to her at the time when his company was in a middle of a very important business deal.

This was the reason, for his very dark mood today. He sighed and tried to shake off his gloomy mood and got back to work.