Chapter 66

alison pov

"hey!" i said to emily as i saw her at the VMA's.

she smiled but it was clearly fake.

"you okay?" i asked.

she nodded nervously, "yes...no. no i'm not. i'm terrified. this is my first performance that could make me or break me. what if they don't like it? or i mess up? or-"

"hey. em look at me." i grabbed her shoulders to steady.

she looked into my eyes and i smiled, "you're gonna do great. okay?"

she took a deep breath and nodded.

i smiled and pulled her into me to hug her.

she hugged back and buried her face into my neck and i closed my eyes to feel her warmth.

"go get 'em fields." i said and winked.

she gave me a weird look and i smiled, "what? can i not call you fields?"

"you can call me em. or sexy. whichever one works." and with that she walked away and i was left in awe.

she said that to me before. years ago...back in...2015 she said that...god our loves have totally changed since then huh?

when emily performed what do you mean? the lights went out on the stage and emily's voice spoke,

""Life is a journey. Sometimes a battle. Always the unexpected. Sometimes you focus on the destination and forget to focus on that journey. But when you fall it allows you to get up stronger. It allows you not to lean on your own understanding, give in to fate... Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose."

i felt my heart my heart swell at her words and the song came back on and emily was now in a small light in a cylinder shape, flying on a harness.

emily pov

everyone screamed and cheered as i sang from flying.

when i came down i felt so happy.

i'm back. this is it.

i took a deep breath.

"wow. okay...well." miley tried to move on but everyone was focusing on me, considering i was crying.

i put my face in my hands, sobbing my eyes out.

when i opened my eyes i wiped my eyes and looked out at everyone that was crying with me and smiling, clapping like crazy.

i noticed alison who was clapping loudly.

i felt happier and she nodded at me and smiled.

"alright there emily?" miley said in the mic and came over.

she hugged me tightly and i gulped and nodded.

"this uh...this next song is not yet released. but after tonight, these next songs will both be out." i said and miley smiled and hugged me, kissed my cheek and i got ready to perform the next song.

i pulled my cap down, almost over my eyes and the music started,

"You ain't gotta answer none of my calls

i shook my hands and looked at alison who was staring at me, listening deeply.

I'm believing you'll pick up one day

I don't wanna add to your pain at all

i found myself singing it while staring into alison's eyes.