four

Minhee
__________

Saturday, March 19th

After walking Yerin home (that cutie's scared of the dark) I head to the restaurant.

"Hi Eomma." I run up and squish her in a hug. She's not my mom but I really wish she was.

"Oh, Minhee! I haven't seen you in too long!" she chuckles.

"Last time I came, they said you went home early. Namjoon wanted some jajangmyeon, so I came here of course."

"I'll tell them to get your order in. Hurry and sit down." She gestures over to my regular table. It was the closest one to the kitchen and front desk.

"Minnieee." I hear someone call from the side.

I smile and turn his way "Hey Jin."

"Where's Joonie?" He asks, taking a seat across from me.

"Shouldn't you know? He didn't tell me when he'd be home."

Namjoon and Jin attend the same school.

"He should be done with practice by now," he checks the time on his phone with a worried face.

His mom comes back from the kitchen carrying a plastic bag.

"I'll take you home," Jin insists while taking it from her hand.

I nod my head. I know he just wants to see my brother.

"Here." I pull out some bills from my pocket that I had earlier counted.

"Noo, just go." She lightly shoves us to the door.

"Pleeease. You already give us enough discounts." I try to put the money into her hands.

"You can pay me back next time. Annyeong, be safe!" She closes the door on us.

"She said that last time! When will I actually get to pay her back?" I pout as I loop my arm through his available one.

"When the building burns down from the failed cooking lessons I'm giving your brother and we need money to rebuild it."

I lightly hit his shoulder while laughing with him. The inability to cook ran in the family.

Suddenly, a loud engine noise comes from behind us. A car, looking too expensive for this neighborhood, speeds past us. The leaves on the ground blow around. Even the disgusting wet ones.

"Ewww," Jin screams.

"Your hair's a mess," he mumbles while trying to straighten out my hair.

"You just have too much hair spray in to mess yours." I stick my tongue out at him.

"No, I don't." He pulls my hand up to the top of his head. "See?"