Chapter 42

As I got out of the taxi, a cold breeze welcomed me causing me to shiver. Here I was in a tight black drees with three inches heels, standing in front of a dock. El and Perrie decided that we three have a grand dinner in a yacht. 

Of all the places we could have dinner, they chose a yacht.

A freaking yacht. 

Okay, I know that yachts are awesome and definitely high-end, but I am not much of a fan for yachts. I don't know why, I just don't like yachts. But because I love these two girls, here I am making my way to the only yacht that had lights on.

As I approached the yacht, my eyes went completely wide as my jaw hung open. It was amazing. The yacht was fully lit with candles and petals of roses were all over the place. This was so romantic. 

Too romantic for a dinner for the three of us, I must add. 

A man in black offered his arm for me to take as I hopped in the yacht. I took another look around the place and it was splendid. The moon and the stars in the night sky made it even more amazing. The sound of the waves were the only thing I could hear. 

I take my phone out of my purse and start calling El. After three rings, she finally picks up sounding quite tipsy with loud music in the background. "Lexi!" she practically screams at the other end of the line, making my ear hurt. 

"Hey. I just arrived. Are you guys on your way? Cause it sounds like you're in a club." I say, sounding quite confused. 

She giggles, "Well, we're not on our way." she admits, sounding quite guilty. 

"Then who am I having dinner with?" I ask her, before it finally all makes sense. "You and Perrie set me up, did you?" I say, sounding quite mad. They know I hated it when they try setting me up with someone. I keep telling them that I don't need a lovelife but they refused to listen. What are friends for right?

"You're gonna like this one." she says, trying her best to sound convincing. 

"You two are so dead." I say, half serious half joking. 

"We love you, Lexi. Enjoy the night! I have to go!" she says in a rush and ends the call after making a kissing sound. 

"Well, I love you too." I say, giving out a sigh as I put my phone back in my purse. 

"Lexi." a voice says behind me. 

Scratch that, it wasn't voice.

It was the voice.

The voice that could make me smile in an instant

The voice that made me feel like a zoo was in my stomach.

The voice that said my name in utter perfection.

The voice that I fell in love with.

I turn around to see Liam standing wearing a suit with a red rose in his hand. He walks towards me, smiling from ear to ear. He hands me the rose, "Glad you made it."

"Why are you here?" I ask, confused. "I thought this was like a blind date set up by El and Perrie."

"It is." he says, chuckling. "I'm your date."

"Oh." I manage to say. "So this was all a plan?"

He nods, smiling. "I'm quite surprised that they managed to hide it from you."

"Makes two of us." I say, shaking my head. I should've known that this would happen. "This is all you?" I ask, looking around the place.

"All for you." he says, walking closer towards me, leaving only a few inches of space between us. "I miss you, Lexi."