Chapter 41

"I think this dress looks better than the pink one." Perrie gushes, twirling in front of the mirror with the yellow dress she was wearing. "What do you girls think?" she asks us. 

"Yeah, I agree." El says, turning her attention away from the clothing rack to look at Perrie. 

"But I also like the pink." Perrie says, giving out a sigh.

"Then just buy both." I suggest, half-jokingly. 

"That's a great idea!" Perrie beams, grabbing the pink dress that she placed on the chair. "You're the best, Lexi!" she says, smiling widely at me. She takes off the yellow dress in a hurry and puts on her casual clothes. "I'll go pay." she says, skipping out of the dressing room.

Both El and I sigh in relief. We've been in Zara for two hours tops just because Perrie couldn't find the "perfect" dress. She surely is a fashionista. El and I follow Perrie out of the dressing room and head over to the cashier where Perrie's paying for her new dresses. 

"They should at least give you a discount for buying almost all their clothes here." El says, as we walk out of the shop. 

Perrie giggles, taking a look at the two shopping bags she's holding. "Well what can I say? They've got the best clothes." she says, smiling.

"I've got to admit, I'm quite hungry." I say, as I hear my stomach grumble despite the noisy mall. 

"Starbucks!" El says excitedly, pointing at Starbucks which was just nearby. "I'm cravy for some Starbucks right now!" She runs inside, leaving Perrie and I behind. We hurriedly follow after her, hoping that she didn't order everything from the menu. We never know what could be going on El's mind whenever Starbucks is involved. "What would you want?" she turns back to look at us as we approach her by the counter. 

"Vanila Cream Frappucino." I reply, smiling. 

"Same for me." Perrie says, as she walks over towards the table at the very back. El nods in reply and I decide to follow Perrie to the table.

A few minutes time, El comes with three drinks in hand with a huge smile plastered on her face. I tell you, only two things can make El smile this wide: Louis and Starbucks. "Here you go girls." she says, handing us our drinks. She sits beside me and starts talking about this new movie coming out soon. 

Before I know it, I completely zone out on their conversation. I stare out the window, drinking my favorite frappucino. As I look outside, I see a guy wearing a familiar looking Batman jacket with a matching snapback. He's walking with his head down, eyes on the floor. As if he's scared that someone might notice him. As if he's scared that someone might realize who - 

"Lexi?" El says, cutting me out of my wild thoughts. "Are you in?" she asks as I mentally slap myself for zoning out.

"I ... umm ... in for what?" I ask, stuttering as I play with the cup of my frappucino.

"Sleep over. Tonight. My place." she replies, with a smile on her face.

I really don't feel like going. I want to go back home and sleep in my comfy, loving bed. I want to sleep in my own room with cheesy, romantic songs playing in the background. But I can't say no to El. Especially when she sporting that smile of hers. 

"Sure." I say, trying to sound excited. 

El looks at me worriedly. She knows something's bothering me. But before she could ask, she's interrupted by Perrie. "Meet up in your place at 7?" she confirms, receiving a nod from El. 

I look  out the window once again, trying to see if the guy I saw earlier was still in sight. I search the crowd, hoping that I'd catch a glimpse of him again. To my disappointment, I could no longer see him. But what made me so sure that it was him? There are thousands of people who have Batman jackets and snapbacks that are just like Liam's. It probably wasn't even him. It's not like he's even in this side of the world. Right?