Chapter 14

I wake up in the morning, glad that Liam’s face was the very first thing I saw. The day hadn't started yet, but it was already complete for me. We were cuddled up and I felt very comfortable in his arms – as if I truly belonged there. I look at his sleeping face, tracing his jawline and lips with my index finger.

He slowly smiles and opens his eyes, “Good morning, babe.”

I giggle and blush a little because he had caught me, “Good morning. Does your head hurt?” I ask.

He shakes his head, “It’s all better now. I don’t really get hangovers after I throw up like crazy.” He brushes my cheek, “I’m sorry you had to see me like that.”

“There’s nothing you need to apologize for.” I tell him, smiling. He softly pecks my lips, “We better go downstairs for breakfast. I’m hungry.” I say.

He pouts, “A few more minutes, please?” he pleads. I nod and we lay there, cuddled up, looking into each other’s eyes. Finally, we both agree that it was time to have some breakfast so we head downstairs.

The kitchen fell silent once Liam and I entered. Niall had just finished his third plate of pancakes, Zayn and Perrie were looking all lovey dovey as they fed each other. Harry is making more pancakes, while Louis ate Eleanor’s pancakes, making her laugh.

Liam led me to a stool and we sat next to each other. “Good morning.” he says, finding the silence quite awkward. Harry hands each of us a plate of pancakes and we dig in.

“Can’t you feed yourselves? You’re not little kids anymore.” Niall says to Zayn and Perrie, who didn’t seem to care about how much they were making Niall feel disgusted.

“So, you two have some good sleep last night?” Louis asks, smiling as he moved his eyebrows up and down at me and Liam.

“Yeah, it was good.” Liam replies, shoving pancakes into his mouth.

“Nothing happened?” Harry asks, making me choke. Liam pats my back as he laughs.

“Yeah, nothing happened.” Liam tells him, still patting my back.

“Please don’t tell me that you lads camped outside the door to see if anything would happen.” I say, shaking my head. The boys look at each other, trying their best not to smile. “You did! You lot are unbelievable!” I shriek, throwing a pancake at Niall. He opens his mouth and it lands inside.

“At least you two weren’t as loud as Louis and Eleanor.” Harry says, giving me a wink.

I give him a disgusted look, “Nothing happened.” I say sternly.

“You’re disgusting, Harry!” Eleanor shouts, throwing her napkin at him. “You’re just jealous you’re not getting any.” she teases, making us all laugh.

“That’s because I’m trying to win over a girl. And I’m taking it seriously this time.” he defends himself.

“Right.” Eleanor says sarcastically, “Why do I find that so hard to believe?”

“It’s true!” he shouts, hurt that no one believed him. “Right, Lexi?”

I nod, “It’s true. I thought he was joking when he first told me. But turns out, he isn’t.” I tell them, taking Harry’s side on this one.

“See? Lexi loves me, that’s why she's defending me. Unlike you guys.” he says, pointing the spatula he was holding at them.

Niall laughs, “Lexi loves Liam. Not you.”

“She loves Liam and me.” Harry corrects Niall.

Liam chuckles, “Lexi loves everyone. Especially me.” The lads shoot him a look and throw their napkins at him. He dodges them all, laughing.