Chapter 20

= Liam's POV =

It is said that if two people are truly meant to be together, they'd find a way to come back to each other. Maybe that isn't the case with me and Lexi. Here I am, sitting in the airport, waiting to board the plane. My hope starts fading away as the seconds go by.

Paul gets up and excuses himself, "I need to go to the restroom." he says and we all smile at him in response. Paul felt really bad for me. He keeps apologizing for what has happened to me and Lexi even if it isn't his fault.

"She's coming, mate. I'm sure she will." Niall says, trying to cheer me up as he sits down next to me. He smiles reassuringly and I smile back at him.

"I called her to tell her that she has to read the letter. She probably read it and is on her way here." Harry says, smiling his cheeky smile.

Louis shrugs and shows his phone, "She's not answering her phone." he says, looking quite worried.

"Maybe because she's driving." Zayn says, giving Niall a high-five.

I smiled at them, "Thanks for the support lads. But I don't think she's coming." I tell them, giving out a sigh. Our flight has been called so we get up and head over towards the plane. Paul had not yet come back so we decide to go ahead of him. He'll surely catch up with us.

I let the lads walk ahead of me as I trailed behind them. This was it. We were really over. She had no more feelings for me.

Just as we were about to turn the corner and enter the airplane, a voice shouts. "Liam!" I could recognize that voice anywhere. I immediately turn around to see Lexi, running towards me. The lads all turn around and pat me in the back, contionusly telling me "We told you so."

"How did you get in?" I ask, as she stops right in front of me.

She smiles, "Dad helped me." she replied, turning around to point at Paul running towards us. So that's where he went. Me and the lads all laugh, shaking our heads. "I sent him a message to come help me when they weren't letting me through." she adds.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking down at her.

"I read your letter." she says, looking down at her feet as she shuffles them. "I'm here because I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, Li. I'm sorry that I broke up with you. I shouldn't have and I regret doing so. I'm sorry that you had to go through all those because of me." she looks up at me, tears in her eyes. "I love you, Liam. And I'm so, so sorry." she whispers.

I lean down at her and kiss her passionately. I had missed kissing her. I missed her touch. I missed it looking into her eyes. I missed seeing that smile of hers. I missed the sound of her voice saying my name. I missed everything about her. I missed her.

She kisses me back and wraps her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist, closing in the gap between us. "I love you too." I reply, pulling out of the kiss and our foreheads touching.

She smiles and kisses me again. This time even with more passion. She was mine again. And I will do everything I can to never let her go. Never.

"I'm still not used to seeing you kiss my daughter." Paul says, reminding us that we had an audience. We pull away from the kiss and look at the lads and Paul who were all smiling.

Lexi laughs, "You'll get used to it Dad." she says, giving him a wink.

"So, what now?" Zayn asks, looking between me and Lexi.

"What do you say to coming with us to Mexico?" I ask her, smiling.

She smiles back but then it immediately fades away once she remembers something, "I can't. I have to be with mum. She's coming out of the hospital today."